Sign in to follow this  
sandwrestling

Easy-to-Read Beach Wrestling Guide

Thought I'd share this, hope it helps encourage more wrestling clubs to plan an outdoor fundraiser for their club next summer. And now is the perfect time to talk with your team about a beach wrestling fundraiser.

Please remember, that this does not need to happen at the beach (although the beach is always nice). If your local park has a sand volleyball pit, then your good to go.

Best of luck to everyone this upcoming scholastic season! :D

11011815_634437773325762_735822699264921

Edited by sandwrestling

Thanks for that info, Mr. Sandwrestling.  I've been interested in checking out this new beach thing for a while now.

I haven't been able to get the missus to go with me to other wrestling events.  And she's always complaining that I spend too much time at them.  However, she loves the beach.  This might just be what the doctor ordered.

I hope you do get the chance to check it out, Hurricane. One of the biggest benefits to th beach style is the ability to encourage family and friends to come and enjoy the wrestling action, those people that do not want to spend all day inside of gym. If this continues to grow here in the United States (an I have no reason to believe that it won't), we might just see crazy large audiences like they do in many parts of the world with this style. Give it another 10-20 years, and this style just might be able to set wrestling attendance records that the mat styles just can't compete with. But that is still awhile away, for sure. If UWW continues with their commitment of tweeking beach wrestling and getting it back into the Games, that will def help.