TBar1977

Marstellar

Chance reminds me of cp schlatter and scott winston.  similar build, dominat hs careers and trouble on the next level.  i m pulling for him as i did the others.  they are shorter guys, matured early that struggle with the height and leverage advantage of d1 wresters.

57 is prb the most fitting weight class for his height but the cut is too much.  i hope he gets his nutrition right and competes to the level he is capable of.  not eating is miserable

My god, will people please chill out. Give the kid a break. The infatuation some people have for certain kids borders on disturbing.

Focus on making your own life, and the lives of your loved ones, better .... rather than keyboard jockeying to tear down someone. If you took the time you spent on the later on the former, I bet you'd be happier.

Then Sanderson wasn't undefeated in college. He lost in an open freshman year.

Jason, not sure what is so hard to understand.  Sanderson lost "during" his redshirt year(a redshirt year does not count toward your career record).  Chance Redshirted last season.  All matches count toward your record(when you are not redshirting).  It does not matter if it was an open tournament.

Jason, not sure what is so hard to understand. Sanderson lost "during" his redshirt year(a redshirt year does not count toward your career record). Chance Redshirted last season. All matches count toward your record(when you are not redshirting). It does not matter if it was an open tournament.

That's all I was trying to clarify.

I have seen a lot of Oklahoma State wresting.  Some are pretty good wrestlers, but they do one thing really well.  Cut weight.  If there is a way for Marstellar to make 157 and wrestle well they will find it.  But I dont think its a weight management issue in that he cant make 157.  You either cant get certified for 157 or you can.  The criteria for getting a certification at a weight is pretty decent.  A kid should be able to get certified and wrestle with at least a 2 period gas tank. 

High schoolers who dont have to cut weight and just manage their weight do have a tougher time adjusting to college, but they figure it out.  1 hour weigh ins are pretty unforgiving, but at the qualifying tournament and the d1 national tournament they get a little more time to regenerate.  For now its just 1 dual, and its early in the season, no need to talk about pulling redshirts and transfering.