Sign in to follow this  
CollegeWrestlingFan

Ruth vs. Bosak

Huge match, but Bosak is not ready for him. I'm not sure if it's the late start to his season, but Bosak is not wrestling as well as he was last year, in my opinion. Meanwhile, Ruth looks even more dominant up a weight and almost always looks like he has a lot more to give when a match ends, while Bosak often looks gassed. Ruth is too much too soon for Bosak at this point.

My prediction is Ruth, 10-3.

I think both Hamlin and Bosak can do it, but they need to be wrestling their best. Bosak almost got majored by Wright last year and then beat him when it counted, and I think the possibility of a similar result this year is there, however remote it may seem now. Tonight, I just don't see it. Bosak has too much rust to work off and needs to get in peak condition.

Does Bosak stall his way to another victory? I doubt it, but he's tough match-up for anyone.

To be fair to Bosak, it's not like Wright was an offensive dynamo in that FInals match either. He let BOsak do what he did by not pressing the issue.

1st period offensive shots:

Wright 3

Bosak 0

2nd period Bosak hangs onto an ankle for almost an entire minute without improving his position until Wright gets a reversal. With 30 seconds of neutral there were no shots by either wrestler.

3d period offensive shots.

Wright 2 + a throw attempt

Bosak 0

OT period offensive shots.

Wright 2 (really 1 and a reshoot)

Bosak 2 (second one is TD)

Total Offensive scoring attempts:

Wright 8

Bosak 2

We clearly see this match differently. Bosak did what he had to in order to get into OT. Deserves the win no doubt, but he was stalling there. Sometimes a guy is so busy defending he can't get a good shot, but as you pointed out wright wasn't exactly lighting it up with shots.

I don't expect Bosak is going to beat Ruth today...

But remember Bosak vs. QW II come March!

How is this going to happen?:lol:

He is saying that in Bosak vs QW II Bosak got the win. So it leaves the possibility of Bosak losing today and winning in March.

I don't expect Bosak is going to beat Ruth today...

But remember Bosak vs. QW II come March!

How is this going to happen?:lol:

He is saying that in Bosak vs QW II Bosak got the win. So it leaves the possibility of Bosak losing today and winning in March.

When is Bosak going 197?