headshuck

Warning points. I have zero.

Denny, I remember posting on here in the early 2000's.  We had some characters back in the day.  We lost some along the way (Don Goodell).  It was a little more loose back then, but we certainly need a level of moderation. 

tightwaist,

I do remember you from that very early part of this century. 

Do you remember that guy (don't recall his name or handle). He was from NYC and jeeez, what a character he was. He was rolling along here. Answered the tough questions quite well. The guy was knowledgeable, plus, a former wrestler.

He vowed to stop posting when he reached 10 or 15(? )thousand posts. He did not write frivolous stuff. Rather, he had a great knack for putting his thoughts down on the keyboard. Smart, a quick wit, and YEP as sure as I won the Midlands……..the guy kept his promise…..and just dropped off the face of the internet. He was gone the moment that he hit the 'post button' at 15,000 (maybe 10K) posts.

Thanks a bunch for checkin' in with me. You are one of my favorites.

tightwaist,

I do remember you from that very early part of this century. 

Do you remember that guy (don't recall his name or handle). He was from NYC and jeeez, what a character he was. He was rolling along here. Answered the tough questions quite well. The guy was knowledgeable, plus, a former wrestler.

He vowed to stop posting when he reached 10 or 15(? )thousand posts. He did not write frivolous stuff. Rather, he had a great knack for putting his thoughts down on the keyboard. Smart, a quick wit, and YEP as sure as I won the Midlands……..the guy kept his promise…..and just dropped off the face of the internet. He was gone the moment that he hit the 'post button' at 15,000 (maybe 10K) posts.

Thanks a bunch for checkin' in with me. You are one of my favorites.

LiMarty?

oh wait.... I don't think he won Midlands

rossel, he was saying he (denny) won Midlands. If I'm not mistaken, he won the very first Midlands.

Uhh yeah….among other nice tourneys.

Plus, I have learned to never -but- never play with the name callers. Stay above it my friends.

LiMarty?

LiMarty?

Not Li Marty ... Marty is JV to this other guy.  The guy was for sure from NY, and he talked about his Condo in NY City all the time.. Very argumentative.... He finally imploded, and dropped off the site.

Footnote:       I was in an argument with Rockwell / Rockhead when he got his final warning and was banned from The Mat.

Edited by Wire

I trust you guys with this info. I have zero points, but I think I was close to getting one because I called out Jason Bryant on something. It was peacefully resolved (I love the guy, by the way, great for the sport, I mean it) and my flawless record remained intact. 

JTTS perhaps.  

Uhh, yeah that could be the one that I am thinking about ? Not going to go searching.

It might be easy to find this guy on some list here.

Football games to watch (this being Sat. am in the Old Pueblo…..Arizona's favorite child). We play USC later on tonight. 

Edited by denny

Not Li Marty ... Marty is JV to this other guy.  The guy was for sure from NY, and he talked about his Condo in NY City all the time.. Very argumentative.... He finally imploded, and dropped off the site.

Footnote:       I was in an argument with Rockwell / Rockhead when he got his final warning and was banned from The Mat.

JTTS was (and maybe still is) a terrific writer. He could be biting in his humor. He would have lots of likes and some dislikes nowadays.

I thought he got married and stopped posting, but maybe that was a misimpression.

JTTS was (and maybe still is) a terrific writer. He could be biting in his humor. He would have lots of likes and some dislikes nowadays.

I thought he got married and stopped posting, but maybe that was a misimpression.

Well, as I (attempted) to explain…..the guy that I am thinking of is all about (most) of the aforementioned descriptions. And more.

I suspect that he is watching from afar ? 

Although, it was his statements about leaving these forums that was, in my opinion, sort of bizarre -- in nature. He really did appear to be having lots of fun. At our expense. 

I repeat, methinks that he stated that he would be gone when he reached 10 or 15 thousand posts. Many of which were (of some) quality.  I just don't recall him being scolded by the mods. Maybe so.

By the by, headshuck I apologize for highjacking your topic. From the bottom of my big heart.