Sign in to follow this  
TBar1977

Bo Jordan and Bryant Clagon

Looks like Bo weighed in at 164 at the EMU Open. Wrestled twice at 174 then took a MFF out of the event. Ohio State wrestling tweets precaution because he's their starter. The interesting part is his weight being 164 while many seem to think he'll wrestle at 174. 

Also, Clagon vs. 16th ranked Mike DePalma

Rd 5 - Kent State vs Rider - Kent State is guaranteed 2nd place 
Match #1 1st Place Match: Rider defeated Kent State 18-14 
125 - Brenden Calas (Rider) over Edilberto Vinas (Kent State) Dec 3-2 
133 - Mack McGuire (Kent State) over Robert Deutsch (Rider) Dec 3-1 
141 - Jimmy Morris (Rider) over Chance Driscoll (Kent State) Dec 11-4 
149 - Mike DePalma (Kent State) over Bryant Clagon (Rider) Dec 4-3 
157 - Chad Walsh (Rider) over Casey Sparkman (Kent State) Dec 9-4 
165 - Connor Brennan (Rider) over Tyler Buckwalter (Kent State) Dec 6-2 
174 - Wayne Stinson (Rider) over Mike Vollant (Kent State) Dec 7-5 
184 - Cole Baxter (Kent State) over Michale Fagg-Daves (Rider) Dec 3-0 
197 - Kyle Conel (Kent State) over Ryan Wolfe (Rider) TF 21-6 
285 - Mauro Correnti (Rider) over Stephen Suglio (Kent State) Dec 3-2

Bo Jordan and his wife had a baby this past week. From what I can remember from those first weeks of fatherhood, I am very surprised he wrestled at all this weekend.

Wow. That's some interesting info... Pretty rare for someone his age and in his position to be married w a kid. How long has he been married?

Wow. That's some interesting info... Pretty rare for someone his age and in his position to be married w a kid. How long has he been married?

Kevin Randleman had a 3-5 year old when he won his first NCAA.   Randleman won his senior year state title with a 2 year old I think.  

Edited by Fishhook

The 164 number came from Track Wrestling (link to the tourney below). If it was a typo it needs to be fixed if Jordan is actually planning on going back down to 165 at some point, a typo of 164 opposed to actually weighing 174 would be really benefical when it comes to a decent plan.

http://www.trackwrestling.com/opentournaments/VerifyPassword.jsp?tournamentId=868094

Could there be any other explanation than the "164" being a typo? I mean, that would be a heck of a cut just to go up and wrestle up a weight any way. Additionally, if he were cutting for some reason, why wouldn't his cut be to 165, as opposed to 164? Is there anyone of us who ever cut hard weight that would actually get a pound under weight for no good reason? I don't think so.

Could there be any other explanation than the "164" being a typo? I mean, that would be a heck of a cut just to go up and wrestle up a weight any way. Additionally, if he were cutting for some reason, why wouldn't his cut be to 165, as opposed to 164? Is there anyone of us who ever cut hard weight that would actually get a pound under weight for no good reason? I don't think so.

Exactly, that's why i figured it had to be a mistake on trackwrestling.  You're allowed to lose a certain percentage of your weight each week (I forget what it is exactly, anyone remember?).  So really, he probably could have weighed in at 167 and then wrestled 165 the next week.  No need to weigh in at 164.  Since the plan is to have Bo at 174 until the break, it doesn't make sense for him to be so close to 165 already.  

Re: Bo Jordan.  Bucks are carefully weighing options with lineup.  Team would be stronger with BoJo at 165 and My Mar at 174 but they'd have to believe MyMar could place at NCAA's to pull his redshirt.  MyMar had a nice tourney but it was mostly B-level comp.  And he was hardly Logan Massa who mopped the mats with his weight class.  As for Bo supposedly weighing in at 164, well, why'd he go 174 if that was the case?  I can't quite understand what the thinking would be there so perhaps it was a typo.

Tom Ryan is in true believer mode and wants to figure out how to race past PSU, Okie State, etc with a lineup featuring Tomasello, DiJulius, MicahJo, Hunter, Jake Ryan, BoJo, MyMar, Courts, Mark Martin and Tavanello.  That is a good lineup but it looks like a peak of 3rd place to me.  Personally, I hope he redshirts My. Martin and lets Bo go 174.  Of course, Bucks have nobody to go 165 that can finish top 8 in Big Ten but those are the breaks.