Sign in to follow this  
BigTimeFan

The Mark Hall place your bets thread

To avoid the I told you so moments we have less than two hours to declare unequivocally where we believe Mark Hall will be going next year and for bonus points why. He's visited Iowa, Nebraska, Minnesota, Ohio State and Penn State. 

I will get the ball rolling: Nebraska to be with JB and Green.

Except Mark Hall did not take official visits to Iowa or Nebraska.  It was Minnesota, Ohio State, Penn State, Wisconsin, and Arizona State.  Nevertheless, he could chose Nebraska, but that would be odd.  My guess is Penn State because he wants to "surround himself with those on the same mission"

Edited by mrh

MSU!  New Head Coach.  Great facilities(cough, cough).  Much hotter chicks than ASU(Dead Serious!).  Super cool mascot.  Great Football(we were cheated, Nebraska!) and Basketball.  Located in his original home state.  Great Veterinary and Agricultural school(Everyone loves animals and grass!). Need I say more?????????

Time for the man to shock the world(although I wouldn't be) and make his colors GREEN AND WHITE!!

Edited by MSU158

Except Mark Hall did not take official visits to Iowa or Nebraska.  It was Minnesota, Ohio State, Penn State, Wisconsin, and Arizona State.  Nevertheless, he could chose Nebraska, but that would be odd.  My guess is Penn State because he wants to "surround himself with those on the same mission"

Egg on my face. Do I get another shot at this? 

Arizona State- His final visit still in his mind. Plus he had just been in Tempe before that to train.

Great talent the same age to train with all with the same goals.

JO and Ruth in room.

You can't argue with the teammates story. But they are all so good for training partners. 

HokieHWT,

If you are good enough, you get them to come back to your place(or they invite you to theirs) to get warm and they inevitably take the parka off and show you how they look in and, most importantly, out of those booty shorts...........................

Didn't mention Taylor?

He talked about the coaches helping him win national titles and Olympic medals, and then how he could be living in State College for 10 to 15 years if he stayed on with the coaching and NLWC. Basically it came down to he liked Penn State more than the other places. 

You don't say? That's a new thought process in college athletics.

That should be the most important thought process.  I tell all my wrestlers to consider if it the place you would like to go to school, because wrestling can be over in a split second.  Of course, I have never had an athlete close to the talent of Mark Hall.

You don't say? That's a new thought process in college athletics.

It is basically what he said. Said something to the effect of the weight was lifted off his shoulders once he visited Penn State because he knew that was the place he wanted to be. He mentioned the coaches heavily so one might guess they played a role in his liking Penn State. 

Cael is an extremely expensive coach relative to others but this is why he's worth every penny. Unbelievable score for the Lions. Needless to say, but I'll say it, Hall is the real deal. Has the talent, work ethic, and mind to be one of the best ever.

Also needless to say, but I'll say it, what you said about Hall being the real deal was spot on and needed to be said.