Sign in to follow this  
repechange

Rousey

Rousey reminds me somewhat of Frank Shamrock.  Great athlete with great submissions, was on a winning streak with lightning fast finishes, and plenty of cockiness and smack talk, some of it reflecting confidence, and some reflecting insecurity.

The judo club to which I used to belong knew her and her mother (one of the first US women to win a judo world title) well, and Ronda actually gave a free clinic at one of our tournaments before she became famous.  

That said, I really didn't care for her antics before the fights, and after the confrontation at the weigh-in, I was glad to see her put in her place.  Holm was by far the classier athlete.

Implosion?  

Does anyone really care about women's cage fighting on this forum?  

Rousey got exposed and humiliated by the better fighter and the far better person.   Quite frankly if they did away with sanctioned women being beaten in cage fights, for blood thirsty fans to drool over, the world would be a much better place.   

I've heard speculation Rousey was so thoroughly destroyed, she may be done with cage fighting altogether.   Her gigantic ego is just not going to allow herself to be humbled and still show face. 

Good for Holmes.   Seems like a very likable person over flowing with class.