Sign in to follow this  
SetonHallPirate

Micic gets waiver from Big Ten, taking Olympic RS this year!

He shouldn't get penalized for wanting to leave when the coaches that recruited him left the school. I know Pariano's dismissal came after but I bet Micic knew Drew and Jay would be leaving the program when he announced his transfer.

What's your issue, do you not want to see him compete? Is it because he chose Michigan?

He shouldn't get penalized for wanting to leave when the coaches that recruited him left the school. I know Pariano's dismissal came after but I bet Micic knew Drew and Jay would be leaving the program when he announced his transfer.

What's your issue, do you not want to see him compete? Is it because he chose Michigan?

I'm thinking you have it backwards there Ron.

Pariano leaving probably had something to do with the Micic surprise transfer.

I'm thinking you have it backwards there Ron.

Pariano leaving probably had something to do with the Micic surprise transfer.

Maybe...but why else would Micic essentially be given retroactive free transfer rights other than that whatever led to the coaching staff turnover was previously known by Micic, the B10, and the NCAA?  There has to be something there or there's no explanation for the gifted year of eligibility.

Not entirely sure.

Fact is Pariano left after the transfer.  

I doubt highly Micic knew this when he made his decision.

Micic however probably took full advantage of it by petitioning through Michigan to get the year back due to Coaching Changes where the rules are muddied up and exceptions are made university by university and conference by conference.

Maybe...but why else would Micic essentially be given retroactive free transfer rights other than that whatever led to the coaching staff turnover was previously known by Micic, the B10, and the NCAA? There has to be something there or there's no explanation for the gifted year of eligibility.

Maybe they were able to talked their way into the Big10 considering the Olympic Redshirt years as his year out at Michigan.

Not entirely sure.

Fact is Pariano left after the transfer.  

I doubt highly Micic knew this when he made his decision.

Micic however probably took full advantage of it by petitioning through Michigan to get the year back due to Coaching Changes where the rules are muddied up and exceptions are made university by university and conference by conference.

The NCAA has never given a free transfer to an athlete due to a coaching change. I would expect the Big 10 to do the same. I think there is way more to this story that what we are seeing and hearing.

In instances of a transfer, wouldn't any redshirt, if available, be ok to use to "pay" for a year of lost eligibility?  If that is, in fact what he did, he didn't get any special treatment..............

Agree, if he used an ORS in order to get the waiver than it appears there is no special treatment. If that is the case then he wouldn't be eligible this year but of course have 4 years of eligibility remaining.