Sign in to follow this  
lu1979

PSU @ heavyweight

With Nevills out for an indeterminate amount of time is there any chance that Anthony Cassar could be back?  I noticed he isn't listed on the PSU roster at the moment.  I know he was recovering from an injury he got at last years Jr. Worlds.   He was looking very good up until his injury.  Any word on how he's doing and when he might be back?

With Nevills out for an indeterminate amount of time is there any chance that Anthony Cassar could be back?  I noticed he isn't listed on the PSU roster at the moment.  I know he was recovering from an injury he got at last years Jr. Worlds.   He was looking very good up until his injury.  Any word on how he's doing and when he might be back?

I don't think Cassar is enrolled as a full time student right now.  Or at least that is what I heard. It will be interesting to see how things shake out but Cassar isn't an option this year at any weight and who knows about next year.  If Hall wants to go next year, he will be at 174 which likely forces Nickal to 184 and perhaps Cutch to 197.  Something tells me that Cassar would have a hard time beating Cutch in folk, especially coming off a shoulder injury.

Cael left the door open for Nevills to be back though, so who knows. 

If Hall does wrestle for PSU next year, he isn't going to be handed the job at 174, especially if Nickal proves himself to be worthy of an AA finish this year. Hall will have to wrestle off just like everyone else and as much as past results (from HS) mean nothing, Hall has never beaten Nickal.

If Hall does wrestle for PSU next year, he isn't going to be handed the job at 174, especially if Nickal proves himself to be worthy of an AA finish this year. Hall will have to wrestle off just like everyone else and as much as past results (from HS) mean nothing, Hall has never beaten Nickal.

True.  However, I don't think they have ever wrestled folkstyle.

If I had a crystal ball, I see Hall at 174, and Nickal vs McCutcheon to see who starts at 184.

I didn't mean to imply that Hall would be given the spot.  No one is ever given the spot.  It's my opinion that the combination of Hall growing into 174 and Bo growing away from 174 likely forces Bo up.

You are right, past results, especially from HS mean nothing, even moreso when comparing free results to potential folk results.

Guest Kingsland

My guess is Nickal vs Rasheed at 184 and McCuctcheon battling it out with Cassar and Stout at 197.

I expect that next year Bo will be at 184 due to natural growth.  I would also guess that Nolf goes up to 165.  Joseph and MM will fill 157.  Rasheed will land @ 174 but if Hall is there and they decide not to RS him Rasheed is probably a back up.  McCutcheon could challange Bo or move up to 97 and battle Cassar and Stout.  From what I've seen I think Cassar would be the favorite, but time will tell.  

I don't think Hall well be 174 next year not sure but I doubt he cuts weight through high school so being a natural 174 with the talent he has he'll still do well but might have trouble with some of the bigger 174 lbers. Dieringer will be gone next year so the weight should be open.

I thought Hall would be a tiny 174 pounder too. He almost looks small at 163. However, he did mention his weight got up to 188 on one of his recruiting trips. I know that's just water weight from being on vacation, essentially, but if we can assume that he was walking around 178-180 before the season--as a HS senior--I'd imagine 174 as more likely.

Edited by LemonPie

The strongest PSU team next year will be:

Nolf 165

Hall 174

Bo 184

Cutch 197

Nev 285

That will be their strongest lineup and best scenario to get all these blue chip guys in the lineup and they will get All Americans at all those weights pretty much guaranteed!

People keep saying Nolf to 65 but he doesn't look like all that big of a 57lber.  

Otis, Nolf has grown consistently since he was in HS and his dad is a very tall man. I think he's similar to Taylor or even a Matt Kyler who was a tiny 119 in HS but grew into a big 149.

Could PSU in theory let Hall go to the OTC next year, and follow that up with a RS? 

I thought Nolf looked significantly bigger than Brascetta and the CS Bakersfield kid.  I also noticed the height difference between him and Zane @ the CSB match.  Nolf is a full head taller.  Also before this season started Cael was saying that Nolf could end up @ 157 or 165 this year.  I would be surprised to see him back at 57 next year.

Edited by lu1979