Sign in to follow this  
AIW-HS

Can I get non PSU/Cornell opinions on the reversal here?

Can wrestling fans who have no "dog in the fight" give me an honest opinion as to whether this result was legit or a robbery? No PSU or Cornell fans please. I'm looking for independent, unbiased, subjective opinions. Thanks.

I consider myself pretty unbiased. I like both Taylor and Dake (I'm a New Yorker). I've brought my son to clinics run by each of the wrestlers...and they were both great guys with the kids.

My input.... No reversal for Dake. Also, I thought it should have been 1 at the end....but I'm not sure if I thought that because I wanted OT.

I'll hang up and listen. But I just wanted to say that if he didn't get that reversal, he'd have gotten points another way.

Maybe so. But that is a total non sequitur to the issue. It was a very bad call, plain and simple.

To make it worse, Taylor didn't get the escape at the end to send it to OT, and he should have.

As a fan of both guys, I don't think I could have awarded 2 to Dake on the exchange. However, I wouldn't question the lack of an escape at the end of the match - that one was close. I do think they let Taylor sit on Dake's legs with no intent on improving at least once though, which attributed to his riding time advantage. If it were any other wrestler I wouldn't have been surprised to see a stall call on it.

As a fan this was definitely an intense match, I'm looking forward to the NCAA finals for round 3.

That wasn't a controversial call. A controversial call would be one where there was the slightest hint of doubt. No idea if that official will be selected for the NCAA Championships, but the only way he should be allowed to attend is if he buys his own ticket.

SHP has been one of the least biased posters here.

I'm a big Dake fan, although I think Taylor is pretty darned good also. Taylor got robbed, he knows it, I know it, anyone who saw it knows it. The one I think knows it the most is Kyle Dake. Dake now knows Taylor can beat him. Taylor now knows he can beat Dake. The next match should be very exciting as both wrestlers make adjustments to what we just witnessed.

That wasn't a controversial call. A controversial call would be one where there was the slightest hint of doubt. No idea if that official will be selected for the NCAA Championships, but the only way he should be allowed to attend is if he buys his own ticket.

SHP has been one of the least biased posters here.

It took him 2 years to finally give up the campaign to get that defensive fall against Dake by the 149lb CMU kid recognized.

Guest Hammerlock3

no he doesn't for a reversal

don't feel bad though, no penn state fans know that either. You were smart enough to ask.

no he doesn't for a reversal

don't feel bad though, no penn state fans know that either. You were smart enough to ask.

3-points on the mat isnt the issue at all...I also havent seen anybody claiming it is, so stop setting up straw men. "Control" is the issue.

Sure didnt seem anything like control for Dake on the first watch...then it was very close to out of bounds...then on top of that all they say Dake maintained control at the end?

I disagree...and I think a majority of others would as well.

It wasn't a scheme or plot or some pro-cornell / anti-psu situation...just two borderline-at-best calls for Dake in the last seconds of the match...which enabled him to win.

Guest Hammerlock3

why would I talk to someone who has so little knowledge of any actual rules?