Sign in to follow this  
NJFAN

Gulibon v. McKenna

The chatter surrounding McKenna is he is really good and by beating Henderson obviously demonstrates he can beat top 41 guys. I'm trying to figure out JG. Chiscko beat him Sunday but I'm not sure if that is a indication of JG being over ranked or if chiscko is that good. Should be a good match and wish I could watch it. I say McKenna wins by md.

True Guilibon lost to Chisko but he was in on scoring opportunities 3-4 times in that match.  The td at the end, while I agree with the call, was pretty suspect. 141 this season is very similiar to 133 last season as I can see more than a handful of guys winning that weight at seasons end. This matchup should be fantastic and I think we'll see Guilibon finishing some shots and controlling the mat position and winning 5-3. I do believe McKenna will score a td and escape and Guilibon with 2 td and an escape.  

There might be a little cart before the horse going on here with Mckenna.  Henderson is a good win but Henderson is not looking like he's top 5 in the nation right now.  Was Mckenna very good in hs?  I know his freestyle successes but don't remember him as a power in folk.  Remember him losing a very one sided match to Nolf in folk and Pico in free in his big domestic match ups.  Gulibon will win this.  

There might be a little cart before the horse going on here with Mckenna. Henderson is a good win but Henderson is not looking like he's top 5 in the nation right now. Was Mckenna very good in hs? I know his freestyle successes but don't remember him as a power in folk. Remember him losing a very one sided match to Nolf in folk and Pico in free in his big domestic match ups. Gulibon will win this.

He won a silver at junior world's. Granted that was free, but that generally translates well.

He also placed 3rd at midlands last year, beating 3 people who qualified for ncaas, including Josh Dziewa, who was ranked as high as 6th and had a winning record vs ranked opponents.

He doesn't yet have a marquee win besides Henderson, but he hasn't been given a chance this season. I'd be surprised if he isn't an AA this year.

Ok just watched a few of Mckenna's matches from the past.  His match against Nolf wasn't as one-sided as I remembered.  Pico just on another level but Pico's on another level than basically everybody still in college around his weight.  This one could go either way just think Gulibon has a knack for winning matches nobody expects him to win.  I'll stick with my pick on this one.

Ok just watched a few of Mckenna's matches from the past. His match against Nolf wasn't as one-sided as I remembered. Pico just on another level but Pico's on another level than basically everybody still in college around his weight. This one could go either way just think Gulibon has a knack for winning matches nobody expects him to win. I'll stick with my pick on this one.

Gulibon is the favorite, but I'm going with Mckenna. Looking st their success to folk, this would be an upset win for mckenna

Gulibon is the favorite, but I'm going with Mckenna. Looking st their success to folk, this would be an upset win for mckenna

Think most folks would lay their money on Mckenna going in.  Think he's the favorite..toss up at best.

I think whoever has more fun will win. I am not sure Guilbon is having enough fun right now. Maybe he will start having more fun before this matchup though.

It will be nice for you when Iowa gives you enough confidence that you can get PSU out of your head. Hope it happens again in your lifetime for your sake.

Mckenna was number 1 coming out of high school in his weight class, I believe. Chishko was far from this and just beat gulibon. My money is on mckenna.

Are you crazy? Chisko was the #12 recruit in his class (2nd nationally at 145) with 2 PA State titles. He had a 128-10 record and won his state title as a senior over Joey Galasso (now at Cornell where it looks like he'll be starting 149 as a R-Fr).

You guys acting like Chisko is something the cat dragged in is truly a wonder to behold.