Sign in to follow this  
Old_Marine_Wrestler

Penn State - CSUB dual link

It's November and its so obvious that Bo Nickel is going to be a National Champion. Who is going to be the runner up?

Lets not anoint him yet.  But its obvious Bo didn't waste his RS year.  He looks real good...like a high AA.  Two wins over 2 ranked kids.  He seems to be really good at this wrestling thing.  Lets hope Nickal can keep it going.  Same with Retherford, and Nolf.

Rasheed rebounded with a nice win over a ranked kid.  I hope he can manage his weight this year.

At 285, all I can say is Johnson has A LOOOOOONG way to go.  CSUB's 285 was also very light.  He out hustled AND out wrestled Johnson.  Only thing I can say is perhaps Johnson still is not in wrestling shape.  Just because one wins 2 PA state titles doesn't mean one will dominate.

McIntosh got a surprise from his kid.  I don't think there was ever a doubt that he'd win.  But that kid came to wrestle.  Also Sergio "Brazil 66" Mendez gave Nico a bit of a tussle.  He wasn't winning but he wasn't getting pinned either.

Stanford should be interesting with ranked kids at 125, 141, 165, and 285.

Rasheed paced himself a little better this time out and was clearly a notch above the kid he wrestled. Nice bounce back after the way things worked out at Virginia Tech. 

Bo Nickal seems a lot stronger. I doubt he'd pin that kid a year ago. 

Lets not anoint him yet. But its obvious Bo didn't waste his RS year. He looks real good...like a high AA. Two wins over 2 ranked kids. He seems to be really good at this wrestling thing. Lets hope Nickal can keep it going. Same with Retherford, and Nolf.

Rasheed rebounded with a nice win over a ranked kid. I hope he can manage his weight this year.

At 285, all I can say is Johnson has A LOOOOOONG way to go. CSUB's 285 was also very light. He out hustled AND out wrestled Johnson. Only thing I can say is perhaps Johnson still is not in wrestling shape. Just because one wins 2 PA state titles doesn't mean one will dominate.

McIntosh got a surprise from his kid. I don't think there was ever a doubt that he'd win. But that kid came to wrestle. Also Sergio "Brazil 66" Mendez gave Nico a bit of a tussle. He wasn't winning but he wasn't getting pinned either.

Stanford should be interesting with ranked kids at 125, 141, 165, and 285.

I didn't realize the guy Rasheed wrestled was ranked. Was a solid match from both of them. The other looked good.

What was he ranked? I looked at intermat and didn't see him.

Rasheed looked good!  He gassed in VT but clearly was better wrestled controlled up to that point. Bounces back nice win over 15th wranked kid .

He rides real tough! over 2:30 on both kids advantage riding time!

Tomorrow we go against # 4 ranked kid and I think Rasheed has shot in this match, I think if he wins this helps his cause for the spot which is clearly still up for grabs!

Kid was under radar , was coached by same coach that coached Kerry Mcoy In High school through junior year ( Mike Picozzi who coaches very good  fundamentals )

Frank C

Edited by cangemi

Rasheed is a beast on top and will only get better. I watched him vs VT. I thought we were going to lose that matchup of true freshmen. McFadden never gave up and secured the win in OT. That was an exciting match and I'm sure it won't be the last time these two meet.

Rasheed is a beast on top and will only get better. I watched him vs VT. I thought we were going to lose that matchup of true freshmen. McFadden never gave up and secured the win in OT. That was an exciting match and I'm sure it won't be the last time these two meet.

I think Rasheed pulls off an AA run this year. He is right on the cusp.