rjs

BSU 22 - ASU 21

West (165) and Dewey (174) get two falls to ASU's single pin (at 197).  Match ends up 5-5 head-to-head, 21-21 dual score, so BSU gets the tiebreaker.

At 149 (last match of the night...# 15 vs, # 17 nationally), Martinez had a clear takedown in the 3rd...and a possible takedown earlier in the match...but does not get credit for superior position either time.  GM gets ridden by Krauss in OT, then takes a big chance looking for back points on his turn and ends up losing in OT.

Edited by rjs

And Dalton Brady

If you want my gut feel I never got the impression he was nearly as motivated as his dad. I think he's just wrestling because it's expected. He's been injury prone for some time now and I would guess it will continue. It hasn't always been this way I just think he's changed after gaining adult status. 

I like him personally and he's always been really cool to be and my kid so this is not a personal knock just an observation from a person who has known him for several years.  

I have not heard much about where CPag is. Brady got hurt (knee) earlier in the year against Northern Colorado. Villarreal looked pretty good during the Maroon and Gold matches. He split with Kraus. Mathers has been really at 141 for the Sun Devils. Oliver Pierce has been absolutely horrible and a huge disappointment since he arrived. Shields beat him in the marroon and gold also.

Pags is a little dinged up, Brady is injured (gobraves pointed out).

Villareal is red-shirting (deferred enrollment for 2014-15).

Next yr Kramer, Villareal, Maruca, Shields, Duetchlander, Benick, the Valencia's and a few others come off RS, although Anthony is on his Olympic RS and should have a regular RS available. I also believe the younger Eskam is on RS? 

Ali was still in Tempe as of this past weekend, so I believe he's good to go after this semester (which ends Dec 11 - he may be able to work out & wrestle with the team, and not just the RTC, beginning the 12th which means he might be able to wrestle at Midlands for ASU?

Klein had/has been hurt, not sure he's been on the mat since the summer. Hopefully he's back 100% healthy for next season. But beating out Naser or Brady for 133 is going to be a chore.

Ali was still in Tempe as of this past weekend, so I believe he's good to go after this semester (which ends Dec 11 - he may be able to work out & wrestle with the team, and not just the RTC, beginning the 12th which means he might be able to wrestle at Midlands for ASU?

Klein had/has been hurt, not sure he's been on the mat since the summer. Hopefully he's back 100% healthy for next season. But beating out Naser or Brady for 133 is going to be a chore.

Really good info here, thanks. I checked it out today and it appears Nasar should be a go around December 12-14 or so. Plans are for him to wrestle at the Midlands at 133.

As for Klein, yes, 133 looks pretty locked down now. Maybe he can get to 125, a weight of need for the Sun Devils.