Sign in to follow this  
newyorkwrestler

martinez and cejudo

Serious question: do wrestlers use IV's to rehydrate after weigh ins, or is there a ban?  The UFC recently put a ban to IV's after weigh ins, but just about everybody was using them after weigh ins.

I hope someone can answer this, I have wondered the same thing for awhile. Curious about college too.

Also, wonder how detrimental "giving blood" would be, coincidentally about an hour before weigh-ins??

Almost certain that it's banned in both olympic and ncaa competition.

Also, removing blood when you're severely dehydrated sounds very dangerous.  Not to mention blood tranfsusions are probably against the rules as well (I know they were a popular way to cheat in the tour de france).

Edited by Billyhoyle

Serious question: do wrestlers use IV's to rehydrate after weigh ins, or is there a ban?  The UFC recently put a ban to IV's after weigh ins, but just about everybody was using them after weigh ins. 

I know Kendall Cross did at the Olympics in 96. 

I hope someone can answer this, I have wondered the same thing for awhile. Curious about college too.

Also, wonder how detrimental "giving blood" would be, coincidentally about an hour before weigh-ins??

it takes about month for your body to replenish a pint of blood that is typically donated.

I once gave blood a week before a match and I could not understand why I gassed so bad in the 3rd until someone explained how long to takes to fully recover from a blood donation.

I don't think these days anyone would "give blood"...but it wouldn't seem unbelievable that someone would take a pint out and then put it back in after weigh-ins...that's what Tour de France riders and runners do when they use extreme blood doping methods