Sign in to follow this  
emk1

Rutgers at Iowa

This is being played at slo-mo speed. Was he flat for a while, sure. But the ref was in perfect position to make the call and you can see Brooks rocking from one shoulder to the other. Not to mention this is a defensive fall scenario-very few refs call those at the same speed as offensive falls.

They became bad fans automatically by virtue of Penn State's winning so many National Titles. 

Wrong.  The fans of the defending national champions (Ohio State) are not hated by anyone.  They know how to be fans of the sport and recognize good wrestling.  PSU fans throw out far more hate then they take in.  This is not a jealousy thing.  You guys just love to denigrate anything not PSU.  I love Oklahoma State, but I've made a numerous positive comments about Cael, Brands, Iowa, PSU, Cornell, Ohio State, etc...  The only time a PSU fan says anything positive about anyone else is when that someone else beats someone the PSU fan hates more.  Or perhaps the biggest PSU fans are just obnoxious on this board.  

Either way, congrats on 4 of the last 5 titles, perhaps the best current coach in college wrestling, some of the most exciting wrestlers to watch in the country, and the great fan support you give you team.  Also good luck to Bo Nickal, our best Texas kids have underachieved in recent years and I'd love to see him win a title for you guys (obviously not this year against Crutchmer).

This is being played at slo-mo speed. Was he flat for a while, sure. But the ref was in perfect position to make the call and you can see Brooks rocking from one shoulder to the other. Not to mention this is a defensive fall scenario-very few refs call those at the same speed as offensive falls.

Looks close to real time to me. I don't typically don't clamor for defensive falls, but I think there could be a case here.

Judging by the clock on the screen, he was potentially on his back (although we can't see the opposite shoulder) for about two seconds.  Long enough to call the fall, but they almost never call defensive falls that quickly.  They don't even call neutral falls that quickly.

Goodale's take;

“I just thought we got bullied all over the mat,” said head coach Scott Goodale. “We got pushed all over the mat. We didn’t compete at certain spots and gave up easy takedowns, and then they got the crowd into it and the coaches into it. It just snowballed and we never recovered."

“You’ve got to put it behind you,” Goodale said. “That wasn’t a good effort. Our fans don’t deserve that effort, we have to be better. We have to wrestle a lot harder. We’re wrestling the best teams in the country, we have to wrestle harder and we have to compete harder.”

Pretty sure there will be a much better effort vs Nebraska win or lose

This is real time. I did not slow it down. This is taken directly off the broadcast.

The PSU "Train" is not nervous and with the loss of HWT which could steal a spot come the B1G's...Congrats to Iowa...The big loser in this match the "Big Red" who claims to be the beast of the east and lost to Rutgers and Nebraska on the same day...PSU and Iowa will wrestle Nebraska in 2016...The bottom line is the EIWA is weak and with the "Scuffle" looming things will no doubt get worse...You folks have a Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year!!!

This thread is everything I hoped it could become.  Penn State fans feeling nervous so they start degrading a win over the #9 dual team in the country.  They shouldn't.  Iowa isn't going to have the widespread firepower Penn State does, nor the guaranteed horse Okie State has.  But to try to take away from the actual match last night is hilarious.  Iowa dominated throughout the match.  Hell, Topher Carton took down Anthony Ashnault.

Vak, I love where the thread went too. Especially the parts where the same fans who wouldn't or couldn't believe Brooks, or Dan Dennis in the Ness match at NCAA's, got pinned, used to argue that Evans pinned Chris Perry. Priceless!

Good luck to Iowa this year. Your squad looks prepared to take it to everyone else. 

:-)))

Edited by TBar1977

You guys shouldn't get so worked up. Honestly everyone else is shooting for 2nd place in the years to come. Hard to compete against a PSU team "sponsored" by NLWC.  

You guys have a great setup there. 

Edited by OtisCampbell

Vak, I love where the thread went too. Especially the parts where the same fans who wouldn't or couldn't believe Brooks, or Dan Dennis in the Ness match at NCAA's, got pinned, used to argue that Evans pinned Chris Perry. Priceless!

Good luck to Iowa this year. Your squad looks prepared to take it to everyone else.

:-)))

A referee just told us Dennis want pinned. That the other camera angle showed his entire side was off the mat.

With regards to Brooks, it would have been a defensive fall, ie the controlled wrestler getting the fall which rarely is called, and never that quickly in college.

Perry-Evans was from neutral, as opposed to Evans being controlled by Perry.

Nuance, hopefully someone buys you a dictionary this Christmas.