Sign in to follow this  
emk1

Rutgers at Iowa

Why are the Penn State guys feeling so upset? You guys are 'sposed to blow everybody away this year with all the guys on the roster with "N" in their last name. Is it because Iowa broke your attendence record? Hell, there are guys on the Blue and White board saying you guys will get 60,000 in Beaver Stadium! What are you guys worried about?!?

With regards to Brooks, it would have been a defensive fall, ie the controlled wrestler getting the fall which rarely is called, and never that quickly in college.

Tell that to Alex Tsirtsis.

Why are the Penn State guys feeling so upset? You guys are 'sposed to blow everybody away this year with all the guys on the roster with "N" in their last name. Is it because Iowa broke your attendence record? Hell, there are guys on the Blue and White board saying you guys will get 60,000 in Beaver Stadium! What are you guys worried about?!?

I don't see anyone upset here except hypersensitive Iowa fans who can't handle any opposing points of view.

Lots of narrative shaping going on today, but according to W.I.N., Iowa's the favorite this year.

WIN's Dec. 7, 2015 Tournament Power Index (TPI)

Rk.....College................Top 8....TPI

1........Iowa......................6...........86.5

2........Oklahoma State. ..5...........80.5

3........Penn State............6...........77

4........Missouri............    .5...........63

5........Virginia Tech..... ...6...........61

6........Ohio State.............3...........53.5

7........NC State............ ...4...........52.5

8........Cornell................ ..3...........52

9........Nebraska............ ..5...........50

10......Illinois................. ..4...........48.5

Edited by HurricaneWrestling

Why are the Penn State guys feeling so upset? You guys are 'sposed to blow everybody away this year with all the guys on the roster with "N" in their last name. Is it because Iowa broke your attendence record? Hell, there are guys on the Blue and White board saying you guys will get 60,000 in Beaver Stadium! What are you guys worried about?!?

I am a huge PSU fan. AND this is the **** that is wrong here.   What are you talking about? Iowa broke the attendance record so you say. That is GREAT news! That is an amazing feat for Iowa and their wrestling program and I think it was actually really sweet and I would think everyone regardless of what team they root for for admit that was a great accomplishment for Iowa. I love reading about college wrestling, but it is so sad this board is mostly one big pissing match.  Maybe that is just the way wrestling fans here like it? I still will read and post though.

I am a huge PSU fan. AND this is the **** that is wrong here.   What are you talking about? Iowa broke the attendance record so you say. That is GREAT news! That is an amazing feat for Iowa and their wrestling program and I think it was actually really sweet and I would think everyone regardless of what team they root for for admit that was a great accomplishment for Iowa. I love reading about college wrestling, but it is so sad this board is mostly one big pissing match.  Maybe that is just the way wrestling fans here like it? I still will read and post though.

As I have stated before, the Penn State toolbags have run off the Iowa toolbags. TBar and Flying Tiger are 2 guys that come to mind when I read some of the B.S that they spew. They sound just like some of the Iowa posters that they run off. Then they have the gall to say that "Everyone else is being unreasonable" when they are 2 of the biggest sausages on here. Kinda funny how that works. You used to be able to count all of the Penn State fans that were on here with one hand. Now, it's a different story and those 2 guys think wrestling just became a sport 5 years ago.

As I have stated before, the Penn State toolbags have run off the Iowa toolbags. TBar and Flying Tiger are 2 guys that come to mind when I read some of the B.S that they spew. They sound just like some of the Iowa posters that they run off. Then they have the gall to say that "Everyone else is being unreasonable" when they are 2 of the biggest sausages on here. Kinda funny how that works. You used to be able to count all of the Penn State fans that were on here with one hand. Now, it's a different story and those 2 guys think wrestling just became a sport 5 years ago.

You calling anyone a tool bag is the height of irony. It can only be considered a compliment to the person you are weakly trying to criticize. 

Lots of narrative shaping going on today, but according to W.I.N., Iowa's the favorite this year.

WIN's Dec. 7, 2015 Tournament Power Index (TPI)

Rk.....College................Top 8....TPI

1........Iowa......................6...........86.5

2........Oklahoma State. ..5...........80.5

3........Penn State............6...........77

4........Missouri............    .5...........63

5........Virginia Tech..... ...6...........61

6........Ohio State.............3...........53.5

7........NC State............ ...4...........52.5

8........Cornell................ ..3...........52

9........Nebraska............ ..5...........50

10......Illinois................. ..4...........48.5

According to Intermat tournament rankings, Penn St is the favorite:

1 Penn St 110.5

2 Okla St 100.5

3 Iowa 88.5

4 Cornell

5 V Tech

6 tOSU

According to the Wrestling Report, Penn St is the favorite:

1 Penn St 108

2 Okla St 97

3 Iowa 92

4 tOSU

5 V Tech

6 Nebr

And your point is ??

Besides TBar and Flying Tigs, there are the two guys devoted to tearing down Iowa, year after year- Hurricane and Cletus (aka suzie). Add to that, the mentally challanged Mopar and Lemonpie. 

Hardly anything can get posted about Iowa wrestling without mudballs coming from at least a couple of them. It even carries over after the Iowa wrestler graduates and is competing for team USA.  IIRC, Lemon even once started a thread called Ramos, for the sole purpose of ridiculing him (the text was something thoughtful... along the lines of,"ha ha ha ha ha" after he got beat by the Cuban). 

I think the Iowa fans who post on this board are generally respectful of other teams wrestlers. I think most PSU fans are probably decent folks too. But honestly, the above mentioned clowns are in a league of their own.

Edited by rossel3

Besides TBar and Flying Tigs, there are the two guys devoted to tearing down Iowa, year after year- Hurricane and Cletus (aka suzie). Add to that, the mentally challanged Mopar and Lemonpie. 

Hardly anything can get posted about Iowa wrestling without mudballs coming from at least a couple of them. It even carries over after the Iowa wrestler graduates and is competing for team USA.  IIRC, Lemon even once started a thread called Ramos, for the sole purpose of ridiculing him (the text was something thoughtful... along the lines of,"ha ha ha ha ha" after he got beat by the Cuban). 

I think the Iowa fans who post on this board are generally respectful of other teams wrestlers. I think most PSU fans are probably decent folks too. But honestly, the above mentioned clowns are in a league of their own.

rossel, why do you think people post the way they do? Iowa fans never demeaned Penn State fans? Never demeaned David Taylor? Never demeaned Ed Ruth? Never demeaned Cael Sanderson? Never demeaned Penn State's fanbase? You actually believe Iowa fans have been classy here while Penn State fans and only Penn State fans are bad? You could only believe that if you wore black and gold blinders. The crap never ends, man. We think wrestling started 5 years ago is in this thread. 

This board used to go all one way, the Iowa way. Iowa fans dumped all over Penn State and made this place a dumpster fire.

Edited by TBar1977

I like to follow this forum, there's a lot of good information posted here. However, losers, like the ones you listed in your first paragraph, keep me from posting much. I don't want to argue with third graders. 

I like to follow this forum, there's a lot of good information posted here. However, losers, like the ones you listed in your first paragraph, keep me from posting much. I don't want to argue with third graders. 

• Q: Why are skeletons usually so calm ? 

A: Nothing gets under their skin !

According to Intermat tournament rankings, Penn St is the favorite:

1 Penn St 110.5

2 Okla St 100.5

3 Iowa 88.5

4 Cornell

5 V Tech

6 tOSU

According to the Wrestling Report, Penn St is the favorite:

1 Penn St 108

2 Okla St 97

3 Iowa 92

4 tOSU

5 V Tech

6 Nebr

And your point is ??

I was just pointing out that the opinion that Penn State is "supposed to blow everybody away this year" is not universally held.  We all know that various polls differ - although there seems to be consensus about the top 3 so far.  And, IIRC, each of of those 3 have been ranked # 1 at some point this season by one poll or another.

Based on the above, it seems this year is shaping up as primarily a 3-horse race.  However, given increasing parity, you can't rule out other teams (e.g., Mizzou, etc.) crashing the party and taking home the title.

And, Rosie, we're all aware of your hyper-sensitivity, but the mere mention of the W.I.N. poll doesn't constitute "Iowa bashing." Most fans would react favorably to seeing their team ranked # 1 - not respond by lashing out unfairly against others.

I don't recall the "PSU is supposed  to blow everybody away this year" meme you are promoting. Who said that?

I believe it is more accurate to say PSU was considered the favorite, but as you say, there were other legit contenders - Okla St and Iowa in particular. PSU took a hit with Nevills being injured, but are still the likely favorites, given the strong performances by their star recruits Nolf and Nickal.

2nd point, I never said your post showing WIN putting Iowa as #1 was any sort of Iowa bashing. You made that up. I merely pointed out that more (most) polls have PSU ranked #1, and asked what your point was. Asking what your point was... you consider that "unfairly lashing out at others?"

Seems you're the one being oversensitive.

I was just pointing out that the opinion that Penn State is "supposed to blow everybody away this year" is not universally held.  We all know that various polls differ - although there seems to be consensus about the top 3 so far.  And, IIRC, each of of those 3 have been ranked # 1 at some point this season by one poll or another.

Based on the above, it seems this year is shaping up as primarily a 3-horse race.  However, given increasing parity, you can't rule out other teams (e.g., Mizzou, etc.) crashing the party and taking home the title.

And, Rosie, we're all aware of your hyper-sensitivity, but the mere mention of the W.I.N. poll doesn't constitute "Iowa bashing." Most fans would react favorably to seeing their team ranked # 1 - not respond by lashing out unfairly against others.

I don't recall the "PSU is supposed  to blow everybody away this year" meme you are promoting. Who said that?

Nice attempted diversion, Rosie, but I've promoted no such meme. Rather, it was Serial_Thriller (in post #103 of this thread) who said PSU was supposed to blow everybody else away. I merely pointed out WIN's rankings to show that opinion was more divided than Mr. Thriller suggested.

I believe it is more accurate to say PSU was considered the favorite, but as you say, there were other legit contenders - Okla St and Iowa in particular. PSU took a hit with Nevills being injured, but are still the likely favorites, given the strong performances by their star recruits Nolf and Nickal.

Well then, why are you complaining and quibbling over insignificant matters? Obviously, you agree with the gist of my point, which was that the polls show primarily a 3-horse race. You yourself just identified Iowa, Okla St, and Penn State all as "legit contenders." Is that not correct?

2nd point, I never said your post showing WIN putting Iowa as #1 was any sort of Iowa bashing. You made that up. I merely pointed out that more (most) polls have PSU ranked #1, and asked what your point was. Asking what your point was... you consider that "unfairly lashing out at others?"

LOL! Trying for a "plausible deniability" defense, eh? The fact is that, after your snarky "what's your point?," reply (post # 118), you immediately followed up by lashing out at those you allege are "Iowa bashers" (post # 119). No need for the pretense, Rosie, we're all aware of your modus operandi.

Seems you're the one being oversensitive.

Come now, Rosie. I merely posted that your team was ranked # 1 by WIN. In response, you launched into an ad hominen attack against half a dozen separate posters. The fact is that, unless one's posts about Iowa reflect only fawning admiration, you immediately allege that the Hawks are somehow being disparaged. Doesn't playing the victim ever get old for you, Rosie? Edited by HurricaneWrestling