Sign in to follow this  
SetonHallPirate

Who is the best non-Big Ten dual team in the country?

Who is the best non-Big Ten dual team in the country?  

57 members have voted

1. 1. Who is the best non-Big Ten dual team in the country?

• Cornell
    • Missouri
    • North Carolina State
    • Oklahoma State
    • Virginia Tech
    • other (please specify)

MSU,

Are you implying that Moisey had an easy draw or that there was a more than a slight upset that allowed him to get his 2nd place finish? Three of the four guys he beat finished 4th, 5th and 7th. That doesn't seem like a gift or and easy draw by any means.

Edited by unbiased

unbiased,

Other than Tolbert, Moisey's wins were SUPER impressive.  Still, he did draw a very sluggish Garrett battling weight management issues.  Overall, his performance was amazing and I am not trying to belittle it, but he could have drawn NaTo first round and his Cinderalla story most likely never would have been.  Hence my meaning regarding draws and upsets.

Klimara COULD stay away from NaTo, Gilman, Megaludis and Dance if he gets the right draw and an upset or 2 happens........

Missouri and Oklahoma seem to be doing well in Vegas, albeit a tournament and not a dual.  Missouri has 7 guaranteed medalists, not sure if Oklahoma has that many as well, but that probably translates to a pretty tough dual team as well.

and I'm trying to remember what conference the best dual team was out of last year ;_;

Mizzou with 2 in the finals and FIVE going for 3rd.  They appear to have seven guys that are pretty tough to beat.  Synon at 133 is no slouch either, he just had a really tough draw.  Vegas is, after all, a very tough tournament.  I think people (FLO and others) were kinda sleeping on us this year.

Riding time sorry

Missouri and Oklahoma seem to be doing well in Vegas, albeit a tournament and not a dual. Missouri has 7 guaranteed medalists, not sure if Oklahoma has that many as well, but that probably translates to a pretty tough dual team as well.

Mizzou with 2 in the finals and FIVE going for 3rd. They appear to have seven guys that are pretty tough to beat. Synon at 133 is no slouch either, he just had a really tough draw. Vegas is, after all, a very tough tournament. I think people (FLO and others) were kinda sleeping on us this year.

Mizzou with 2 in the finals and FIVE going for 3rd. They appear to have seven guys that are pretty tough to beat. Synon at 133 is no slouch either, he just had a really tough draw. Vegas is, after all, a very tough tournament. I think people (FLO and others) were kinda sleeping on us this year.

Need to rename this thread or start a new one title:

Who is the best non-SEC dual (or tourney) team in the country?

Edited by ionel

Changing my vote to NC State

Welcome to the dark side...............we have cookies.   Only the 3rd team to score double digits on NC State this year.  The other 2?   Sacred Heart and Appalachian State.  They beat Minnesota 31-3 also if we forgot.

I did that yesterday, but after today's Bedlam dual I switched to Oklahoma State.

I think I've now voted at least once for each of the listed teams (except "Other").

It is a very close call. After today you may be correct. If Missou were to win at 133 then I'd have them both winning 5 matches against each other. Plenty of people would disagree with this, but I would take Butler to beat Crutchmer. That might get them no better than even. Maybe it is Oklahoma State. 

125: Klimara over Barlow McGhee [Mizzou] 

133: Zach Synon [Mizzou] over Kaid Borck 

141: Dean Heil over Matt Manley [Mizzou]  

149: Lavion Mayes [Mizzou] over Collica

157  Marstellar over Luke Fortuna [Mizzou] 

165: Deiringer FALL Daniel Lewis [Mizzou] 

174: Blaise Butler [Mizzou] over Crutchmer 

184: Wille Miklus [Mizzou] over Boyd

197: J'den Cox [Mizzou] FALL over Scheaffer

HWT: Marsden over James Romero [Mizzou] 

We also have to accept the fact that if V-Tech, NC State, Missouri, and Oklahoma State all entered a round robin, its likely that none of them would leave undefeated.

I don't think there is a clear-cut favorite this year.  Even in the B10, Penn State and Iowa are awfully tough, but so was Ohio State, and Missouri just took them out.  We already saw Iowa over Okie State, but if we were to re-wrestle that match later in the year with Brock and Smith in the lineup who knows what happens

Edited by LoStNuMbEr

Until dual meets matter to anyone other than Iowa, and more recently PSU(they both found a way to make duals profitable and build their fanbase), you will have a ton of head scratching results from the top 10 or so teams.  Also, you will have your occasional NCState pop up with a very solid team to challenge the top teams that aren't PrIMED and sending their best FULL lineup into every dual.