Sign in to follow this  
TBar1977

Cliff Keen Invitational

There's a pretty good case for Dance being the best one-match 125 lb'er in the country. But CLKV is a tournament, which is a different animal. Dance could win it or lose twice and not even "medal" and I wouldn't be surprised by either outcome.

besides the NCAA's has Dance not done well in tourneys? I am not aware of other instances. Could you list other tournaments where he faltered. TY

Im sorry, but you can't call a guy who beats everyone of note in his weight class including an NCAA champ but fails to AA a tournament wrestler. There was absolutely no excuse for not placing and even he admits it. He had a mental lapse and couldn't recover from it after the first loss. It happens. This is not a knock on him, I'm actually a big fan. It's just a statement of fact. Doesn't mean he won't kill it this year and redeem himself, but as of now, he is who his record says he is, one of the best, if not the best, wrestlers in the country with something to prove in loaded tournaments.

Edited by wrestlingnerd

Trivia Question:

Name the guy in the top 10 at 125 who has a winning record against Dance

Trick Question, you cant (at least if wrestlestats has his matches right)

1-1 Terrao
3-0 Peters
1-1 Megaludis
1-1 Youtsey
1-0 Zeke Moisey
1-0 NaTo
1-1 Gilman

Im sorry, but you can't call a guy who beats everyone of note in his weight class including an NCAA champ but fails to AA a tournament wrestler. There was absolutely no excuse for not placing and even he admits it. He had a mental lapse and couldn't recover from it after the first loss. It happens. This is not a knock on him, I'm actually a big fan. It's just a statement of fact. Doesn't mean he won't kill it this year and redeem himself, but as of now, he is who his record says he is, one of the best, if not the best, wrestlers in the country with something to prove in loaded tournaments.

Then how do you explain his performance as a Freshman at NCAA's?

Dance is 63-14 as a Hokie, including 7-0 this season. 10 of his losses came as a freshman. He is also 37-6 in duals. I would say he has been pretty consistent in all competitions. Also, he went 28-4 last season and was 15-1 in duals. Obviously 2 of his 4 losses came at the NCAA tournament.......

Trivia Question:

Name the guy in the top 10 at 125 who has a winning record against Dance

Trick Question, you cant (at least if wrestlestats has his matches right)

1-1 Terrao

3-0 Peters

1-1 Megaludis

1-1 Youtsey

1-0 Zeke Moisey

1-0 NaTo

1-1 Gilman

same is true of NaTo and Nico

Jiminez of Wisconsin and Barlow McGee were in a close one when I was watching, says a fall at 7:00?  Anyone see how it ended?

I just watched it on flo and the scoring was messed up for the whole match, but it looks like Barlow got a TD in overtime to win

This is from the Mat Town Open two weeks ago:

Jered Cortez (Penn State) over Keegan Moore (West Virginia) (Dec 6-0)

Definitely an impressive win over Bruno, but I think Moore has a way to go before he's in the AA conversation

I've been keeping on eye on him as a prospect and I want to say he has 5 or 6 losses already this year.  Definitely taking his lumps