SalvatoreG

Lourdes University in Ohio Starts new wrestling program

I don't think it is suprising. You need to be recruiting now. So few people know the school has a program that you have to be out there letting people know it is an option. Sure, it isn't ideal to leave mid-season but sometimes that's the way things go...

(mobile)

This is pretty standard when coaches get hired to take over a new program. He'll need to fill a roster of about 30 guys in a likelihood which is not something you start doing in April.

I don't think it is suprising. You need to be recruiting now. So few people know the school has a program that you have to be out there letting people know it is an option. Sure, it isn't ideal to leave mid-season but sometimes that's the way things go...

Of course he will need to start recruiting now. I'm not surprised the school wanted to hire a coach now to get them started on next year. I'm surprised that the guy they hired is willing to walk out on his team halfway through the year.