Sign in to follow this  
TakedownfromMotown

Coon

He has already competed for the team this year.  Unless he has an injury he will not redshirt this season.  

If they had wanted to RS him they didn't need to go with an Oly RS.  He still has a regular RS available to him.

He (Coon) has made references in interviews to studying between matches at tournaments, and I know he's a smart kid with a great future on or off the mat, but he is like 6'4" 280-300 lbs...ain't getting in no space shuttle.

they keep the really smart ones out of the spaceships

I don't know if Adam ever considered doing an Olympic redshirt year (would have been a great experience for him), but I think for right now, the team simply needs him in the lineup.

Too many recent past seasons where things started out strong, but fizzled out for various reasons.  As a de facto leader, he adds a lot to the squad during competition, and they'll need that later in the season.  

Yea, I would not be surprised if he exceeded upper limits on body specs for an astronaut. Don't know what they are or if they exist but I would think they do.

Much respect for him. Must be disciplined as hell to reach such heights along multiple and varied pursuits.

Edited by nom

Hope this isn't too risque for this forum, but here's a video of coon showering off after a recent workout:

http://ak-hdl.buzzfed.com/static/enhanced/webdr03/2013/7/17/13/anigif_enhanced-buzz-18478-1374081445-4.gif

You should have gone twitter style with no caps or punctuation..................

Is 12/18 an unusual time for Greco Senior Nationals?

Delayed response...but I guess you figured out that it was "sort of" nationals.  It was the Olympic Trials Qualifying event, but it is left open to guys who have already qualified for the trials if they want to participate (and there is no US Open in Olympic years).  So it's a de facto nationals minus most of our 2015 national team-ers in all 3 styles.  

Edited by maligned