legger

Midlands Matchups...

Some awesome potential matchups this year. This looks to be one of the tougher Midlands.

Excited to see these if they happen:

133: Brewer vs. Clark

141: Some combination of Jack, Ashnault, Abidin, Mecate, Racciato

149: Sorensen vs. Tsirtsis (however, Tsirtsis has looked like he

may not make the finals so far). You also have Moreno, Clagon (has not looked that good either though), Richardson from ODU, Sueflohn

157: Martinez vs. Miller or Pack

184: Some combination of Dechow, Stauffer, Brooks, Zillmer

HWT: Gwiz vs. Dhesi

Edited by wrestlingnerd

Aside from getting smashed by Dean, Dudley from Nebraska has been a wrecking machine at 184.  Tough dude to wrestle...lets you in on his legs and can throw a cradle from anywhere.  184 at Midlands is going to be a war.

Aside from getting smashed by Dean, Dudley from Nebraska has been a wrecking machine at 184.  Tough dude to wrestle...lets you in on his legs and can throw a cradle from anywhere.  184 at Midlands is going to be a war.

Not saying Dudley isn't talented, but he did just lose to unranked Gravina from Rutgers

iMart vs Miller should be good. If iMart majors him, watch out. Regarding iMart what I really can't wait for is iMart-Nolf in January. 

iMart was up by 7 or more at the time of the fall last year.  The key was first takedown and maintaining a decent lead thus forcing Miller to go for the throw.

shop smart

Freestyle isn't folkstyle, while he'll be super tough I don't think half a season in folkstyle is going to be enough time to get acclimated to be finals bound.  What is his best folkstyle accomplishment? 

Naser wrestled collegiate at Fresno City College (won State in the fall of 2013 - 13/14 season, RS 2014 - 14/15 season). He wrestled with Stephen Abas last year and has been in the ASU room since August at the RTC.

He hasn't just been going freestyle exclusively.

gobraves - I have also heard that Pagdilao will be wrestling at Midlands. Not sure what that does with Kraus if Pags is at 49 (maybe down to 141 - don't recall if he's certified for it?).

Naser wrestled collegiate at Fresno City College (won State in the fall of 2013 - 13/14 season, RS 2014 - 14/15 season). He wrestled with Stephen Abas last year and has been in the ASU room since August at the RTC.

When was his last folkstyle match, redshirting or otherwise -  early 2014?   Wrestling with Abas was likely all freestyle if I had to guess.  He did Farrell and is doing the US Open so I'm guessing he's still spending quite a bit of  time on freestyle.

He's a stud no doubt but I stand by the fact that he'll need more time to get acclimated to folkstyle to be a finalist.  Could be wrong though...

Edited to clarify...

Edited by Gantry

iMart was up by 7 or more at the time of the fall last year.  The key was first takedown and maintaining a decent lead thus forcing Miller to go for the throw.

shop smart

Agreed, it needn't be  another whalloping based on what went down. That's why if iMart bonus points him it will be a big statement. 

gobraves - I have also heard that Pagdilao will be wrestling at Midlands. Not sure what that does with Kraus if Pags is at 49 (maybe down to 141 - don't recall if he's certified for it?).

Kraus was at 141 last year. That would be a tough blow for Mathers at 141 as he has been wrestling good. But Kraus has been wrestling the best of his career this year and deserves time on the mat as a Sr.

Can any of you provide some info. RE: 

Regular Cable TV-- that will cover some of the sessions ? That is to say--besides the finals..or just the finals?

Such as, Comcast coverage.

Thank you,

Denny, a proud Midlands winner.

Addendum--Now don't get on me bout that. I have never really 'come out' and admitted that. Not my style…or is it my style ? 'Just thinking.'

Edited by denny