Sign in to follow this  
greenmt.

Beast

From the #1 Ironman onto the #2 Beast, will Wyoming Seminary win? Can Blair take back the #1 spot? One thing is for sure, the Beast of the east has a greater stage as its not wrestled in a tiny gym. The Bob Carpenter Arena will be packed full of studs and spectators. Seeds will be released Thursday.

I'd like to hear from some of the PA faithful regarding any perceived superiority of NJ in HS wrestling.  Taking a look at the results from Journeyman, Super 32, and the Beast.  I just don't see it.

NJ lightweights are by far the best in the country right now.  Correntti knocks off Jordan Wood.  Suriano dominates Karam again.

NJ has a group of underclassmen right now that are lights out.  Foca and Raimo will be monsters, among many others, for a long time.

I stated earlier this year on a forum that NJ is on the rise.  I don't follow high school as close as I used to but I still attend NJ States as well as Pa States.  I see a lot of tough NJ kids who could potentially AA this year.  It would be nice to see NJ get back to where they can produce more than 3-4 AA at the DI level.

I can tell you this about Pa though.  The depth is crazy and every year we produce a number of one time state champs who do damage to multiple time champs from other states.  Take a look at the records of our Dapper Dan guys and see how many times we have double digit losses compared to other states kids with impeccable records.   Our kids are battle tested and don't even have to leave the state to get it.

Regarding the Beast, it looks like you guys had a great tournament.  I don't think anyone is surprised by Karam's loss. Suriano is a stud.  It would've been bigger news if it went the other way around.  Correntti beating Wood is a great win. My buddy is a Holy Cross guy so I'm happy for him.

PS.  Just remember, for every Manchio, Suriano, Ashnault, Campalatano, Black, we have your cryptonite in Driscoll, Lee,Retherford, Evans...  We just don't know who that might be yet to challenge your lighter weights, but don't worry, you will eventually figure it out.

I stated earlier this year on a forum that NJ is on the rise.  I don't follow high school as close as I used to but I still attend NJ States as well as Pa States.  I see a lot of tough NJ kids who could potentially AA this year.  It would be nice to see NJ get back to where they can produce more than 3-4 AA at the DI level.

I can tell you this about Pa though.  The depth is crazy and every year we produce a number of one time state champs who do damage to multiple time champs from other states.  Take a look at the records of our Dapper Dan guys and see how many times we have double digit losses compared to other states kids with impeccable records.   Our kids are battle tested and don't even have to leave the state to get it.

Regarding the Beast, it looks like you guys had a great tournament.  I don't think anyone is surprised by Karam's loss. Suriano is a stud.  It would've been bigger news if it went the other way around.  Correntti beating Wood is a great win. My buddy is a Holy Cross guy so I'm happy for him.

PS.  Just remember, for every Manchio, Suriano, Ashnault, Campalatano, Black, we have your cryptonite in Driscoll, Lee,Retherford, Evans...  We just don't know who that might be yet to challenge your lighter weights, but don't worry, you will eventually figure it out.

NJ has plenty of non state champs who routinely beat state champs from other states, that's not a phenomena reserved for PA kids.

NJ had a kid who didn't QUALIFY for states, beat a PA state champ (or runner up?) at Journeyman this year. NJ would beat PA in a dual this year, no doubt in my mind.  The PA kids get overrated (cough, Flo, cough) all the time.

I won't call kids out by name, but there are a few highly ranked PA kids that wouldn't have a prayer of winning a NJ state title this year.  Might not place, as a matter of fact.

But I digress.  

The current HS aged kids I've seen since their youth days, and know very well.  From MAWAs, War, WW duals, etc.  There's no difference.  Not in depth either.  We have state champs with 6-8 losses on a regular basis.  

I'm and NJ guy and I was at the beast yesterday, I dont agree with you NJWC. PA has more depth and studs than NJ.

Just for fun, how do you see this PA vs. NJ shaking out? Maybe pick who you see as the top guys from both states at each weight to set up a hypothetical dual.

I'd like to hear from some of the PA faithful regarding any perceived superiority of NJ in HS wrestling.  Taking a look at the results from Journeyman, Super 32, and the Beast.  I just don't see it.

NJ lightweights are by far the best in the country right now.  Correntti knocks off Jordan Wood.  Suriano dominates Karam again.

NJ has a group of underclassmen right now that are lights out.  Foca and Raimo will be monsters, among many others, for a long time.

Now that kid is a stud. He really impresses me.

Jeff Buxton, since he left Blair, has been busy with his school of wrestling and has been coaching a huge number of these NJ kids who are excelling. His impact as a wrestling mind is impressive.

Jeff is about as good as it gets.  He is a flat out fantastic coach.  He has had some kids do EXTREMELY well, that had very average ability to begin with.

He's kids are always prepared, focused, sharp technique.  Great coach.