Aviator12

OSU Cowboy's Imminent Lineup Shuffle?

JoJo already beat Chance this year IIRC, something like 9-4.  The question is if you think Chance an Cutch are sure fire AAs at 165 and 184 respectively.  I personally don't, not that they can't but far from a given - especially given all the returning AAs at 184. 

JoJo already beat Chance this year IIRC, something like 9-4.  The question is if you think Chance an Cutch are sure fire AAs at 165 and 184 respectively.  I personally don't, not that they can't but far from a given - especially given all the returning AAs at 184. 

I want to see what Joe Smith can do against the field at The Southern Scuffle. 

I'd say Chance will certainly not AA at 165, Crutch will certainly not place top 3 at 184 and dRinger will certainly not get as many bonus points at 174, therefore, the team will certainly not score as many points with this silly Ohio idea.  

Put me on record for saying there is no way that happens.  Moving up two #1 ranked wrestlers in the middle of the season to make room for a super struggling Marstellar is Looney Tunes.  JoJo pulling the shirt I can see, not the rest. 

I agree. Having Alex Dieringer, who at the moment comfortably "owns" 165 as a defending national champion, bump up a weight class might be a tough ask. Goes back to the team vs. individual sport argument. Also the move up to 174 could risk his qualification for OTT as an NCAA champion and, even if he does win nationals, only gives him three weeks to drop back to 65kg.

SHP,

Thanks for pointing that out.  Did the fact that I asked the question not point out that I was uncertain?  I went to OkState's schedule and since I only saw the Big12 tournament, I assumed it still hadn't gone into effect.  I guess I should have clicked on this link for clarification:

http://www.big12sports.com/ViewArticle.dbml?DB_OEM_ID=10410&ATCLID=210552887

If Smith comes out of redshirt at 157 and Deiringer went to 174 and Crutchmer went to 184.

My guess is Marstellar would still not have the 165 pound spot guaranteed as Blees and C. Rogers would want the starting spot as well, and Marstellar beating either of them is not a given.

I think Deiringer stays at 165, and Crutchmer stays at 174

Also-- would't JoJo Smith need to have his redshirt pulled just to enter the Scuffle?

It's not an open tournament.

Penn State had their redshirts (Nolf, Nickal and Nevills) wrestle Southern Scuffle last year, and Marstellar wrestled there last year (He redshirted last year)  unless it has changed the Southern Scuffle allows redshirts to compete (They don't score team points though)

I'd say Chance will certainly not AA at 165, Crutch will certainly not place top 3 at 184 and dRinger will certainly not get as many bonus points at 174, therefore, the team will certainly not score as many points with this silly Ohio idea.  

With that level of certainty, why don't you just certainly give us all the NCAA results and we can let the teams know there is no need to wrestle the rest of the season.

With that level of certainty, why don't you just certainly give us all the NCAA results and we can let the teams know there is no need to wrestle the rest of the season.

Wasn't attempting to predict all (or any other) NCAA results, simply whether bumping up 40% of the lineup mid-season might result in more points.  I say most won't fair better going up a weight class mid-season, you may disagree which is fine, perhaps all coaches should bump guys up in January?  May have better info after this weekend, let's wait and see.  

If Smith comes out of redshirt at 157 and Deiringer went to 174 and Crutchmer went to 184.

My guess is Marstellar would still not have the 165 pound spot guaranteed as Blees and C. Rogers would want the starting spot as well, and Marstellar beating either of them is not a given.

I think Deiringer stays at 165, and Crutchmer stays at 174

Blees has already tried to compete with Marsteller for the 157 spot and isn't really winning it I think the only one in the conversation for 165 other then chance would be Chandler Rogers

Wasn't attempting to predict all (or any other) NCAA results, simply whether bumping up 40% of the lineup mid-season might result in more points.  I say most won't fair better going up a weight class mid-season, you may disagree which is fine, perhaps all coaches should bump guys up in January?  May have better info after this weekend, let's wait and see.  

If you can "certainly" predict how guys will do in weight classes they haven't wrestled this year, then predicting how they do in weight classes you actually have results for should "certainly" be a breeze.  

Did not read the whole thread, but I just heard from an inside source that JoJo is definitely not moving into the lineup. It seems that Coach Smith's wife is gun shy and won't let Coach Smith toss her precious baby into the crucible. 

Thoughts!? 

This board has really gone to hell, good reading if you want to have a good laugh. Not going to go point for point on all this cr#p. Alex isn't going up. Bless has a high ankle sprain which has limited his wrestling, even if he didn't, he hasn't shown enough in the offensive department. Chance is slowly coming along which doesn't mean he will be ready for Nationals. Joe is wrestling Reno which will show alittle more about him and we still have the SS in two weeks. At that time John Coach/ Daddy will make a decision. I think that covers all the "I know more than you do". Unless you believe you know more than me. If you do, I'm always looking for a good laugh!

Did not read the whole thread, but I just heard from an inside source that JoJo is definitely not moving into the lineup. It seems that Coach Smith's wife is gun shy and won't let Coach Smith toss her precious baby into the crucible. 

Thoughts!? 

You'd think the coach would've talked to the parents before recruiting the kid and explained that he might be expected to wrestle if accepting the offer.  Would expect then mom won't let wrestle next year as still a freshman - rFR.  You'd also think mom would've refused to let him wrestle Cottrell and Lavalle.  Believe might've also heard from the girlfriend of the niece of the brother of the mom's step son that Tom Brady's mom isn't gonna let him play football anymore as the pre and post-game interviews are just too tough on him.  ;_; 

Thoughts  ;)

This board has really gone to hell, good reading if you want to have a good laugh. Not going to go point for point on all this cr#p. Alex isn't going up. Bless has a high ankle sprain which has limited his wrestling, even if he didn't, he hasn't shown enough in the offensive department. Chance is slowly coming along which doesn't mean he will be ready for Nationals. Joe is wrestling Reno which will show alittle more about him and we still have the SS in two weeks. At that time John Coach/ Daddy will make a decision. I think that covers all the "I know more than you do". Unless you believe you know more than me. If you do, I'm always looking for a good laugh!

I'm curious what more Coach Smith needs to evaluate.  Jo is clearly better than Marstreller and Bless.  The Marstreller experiment needs to stop!  This year OSU best chance at a national title with it being Dieringer last year.  I find it interesting that he's willing to burn Brock's redshirt when he clearly hadn't beaten wrestlers on the same level as Jo (Lavallee, Cottrell, Blees, Marstellar).  Prior to Brewer, Harding was probably Brock's best win.