Sign in to follow this  
nom

Nationals / OTT qualifier - general results

Ruth did get screwed on the first call, but I don't think it matters.  Ruth looked disinterested all day and Taylor took it to him.

And Dake looks awesome on the lifts.  And someone explain to me how the "quadpod" situation is not a takedown and is still on the feet, but when you get lifted and launched from there it's only 2 points.  The Freestyle rules have gotten really good at creating action and getting guys to wrestle, but the scoring is a joke.  Dake lifted Gavin over his head with a standing crotchlift and got 2 points.

Reader looks strong too.  Dake can't push im.  Reader working his head.  Hard.  Goes in.  Dake gets the TD though.  Very impressed.  Reader was really nervous about getting lifted over.  Dake used it to his advantage.  4-0.

Taylor wins .. missed score.  Looked easy.  REader in again.  lifts high ... goes out.  4-1 Dake.

REader in again but Dake threatening.  Trying to work a cradle.  Whistle.  

Dake tired?

Seems to be.  Scramble .... Reader is able to chest wrap Dake over.  4-3 Dake.  Dake is tired.  Dake waves a challenge block off.  

Reader in AGAIN!  and dake lifts.  and 2!    Then scramble.  and another 2?  No TD given.  6-3.    Stepout against Dake  6-4.  kkk17 sec.  Dake holds on to win.

6-4

DAKE V TAYLOR.  

but DAKE IS TIRED!!

Are finals still set for 7pm PST? Either way, plenty of time for Dake to recharge.

EDIT:

Just looked up the updated schedule.

Session I & II now runs all the way through 3rd, 5th, 7th place matches

Championship finals starts at 5pm PST.

Edited by pamela

Tomasello vs Micic --- Tomasello is up 3-0.  Missed it. M goes in and gets TD.  3-2.  Single to double ... T tried to jump away but no go.  Going into 2nd period.

GAdson v Michalak  (isn't that a superfriends bad guy's name backwards?)

T is firing but M is blocking off and keeping control of elbow.  Passivity on Micic maybe?   I can't tell the hand signs.  M tries a firemans / duck but no where near.  T gets 1 ... M was likely on shot clock.  No announcer for this mat I guess.  4-2.   Long break now.  Blood Micic?  

Michalak beating Gadson 1-0.  Come on Gadson!    Woops.  M gets GAdson on his back and pins him!!  Bam.

Edited by nom

We've seen Dake showing signs of fatigue many times, but he somehow never let's it effect his wrestling; very similar to the Russians in this way.

It's very hard to be as explosive as he is and also have an endless gas tank. Dake seems to understand you can't optimize for both and is choosing the right one. Freestyle is more about picking your spots to sprint than going six minutes at a continuous pace.