Sign in to follow this  
BigTimeFan

Anthony Valencia -- big baby

Sorry to be so blunt, but come on. Chris Perry picks him apart and has a little hissy-fit getting teched. In the end something happened - please tell what you think - and he gets tilted and tilted again and it's over. He's upset. He's slapping the mat. He refuses to shake hands ... and he's tossed. 

What the heck?

He tried to kick a few times him after the last tilt, and he connected on at least one.  Perry went at him, and Valencia started throwing full on punches.  Not good looking punches either.  Wild, looping, angry little boy punches.  There ought to be a suspension not just a DQ.  That was terrible.

Valencia kicked Perry a few times in the face after he got teched, so Perry got back on top of him.  Valencia turned around and started throwing punches, and then chased after Perry trying to throw more punches.  What a lame-O.  Get out of seniors if you can't take the heat kid.  Terrible sportsmanship.  

I think the exchange was something like:

Perry gave him an extra tilt after the tech

Valencia gives him a disapproving kick

Perry goes for the shove

Valencia gets up swinging

Both have to be separated, both jawing

Valencia tries to fight through his coaches, but he fails and hits mat instead

Perry didn't give him an extra tilt as far as I saw - not sure but I don't think so.  I think he needed two tilts to win, and after the second, Valencia kicked him in the face.  

Edited by supyall46

I think the exchange was something like:

Perry gave him an extra tilt after the tech

Valencia gives him a disapproving kick

Perry goes for the shove

Valencia gets up swinging

Both have to be separated, both jawing

Valencia tries to fight through his coaches, but he fails and hits mat instead

This wasn't a back and forth thing.  This was Valencia getting beat up and bullied in the match, and then not liking it after the match.

I rewatched it, here's what I see. With 1:00 left in the match, Perry is up 6-0 and AV tries some kind of weak below the knee sweep and slips to the ground. Perry lands on top and immediately puts him in a gut wrench. Valencia kind of screams as if in pain and Perry Tilts him. Now at that point on Flo they don't show the TD award so it looks like 8-0 but I think it wasn't ruled a slip so it was already 10-0. But Perry keeps the pressure on and rolls him over again at which point all hell breaks loose. Valencia scrambles back and kicks at Perry to get him off him, Perry charges forward at which point Valencia more or less really does girl-slap Perry ("don't you be go tiltin me boy! Treat me like a WOMAN!"). Then Anthony charges Perry again and tries to hit him again. Game over. 

It's really sad. He's now lost to quite a few wrestlers and all the whiz-bang from the US Open has faded. He skipped Juniors last year and never got his rematch with Mark Hall (who whalloped him like 11-1 on the Who's number One). 

Anthony is still young, but that's no excuse for him to act like a such a sore loser. He's got to control his emotions on this high level, and especially after being beat so soundly.

Chris wrestled an excellent match and looked much stronger.

I rewatched it, here's what I see. With 1:00 left in the match, Perry is up 6-0 and AV tries some kind of weak below the knee sweep and slips to the ground. Perry lands on top and immediately puts him in a gut wrench. Valencia kind of screams as if in pain and Perry Tilts him. Now at that point on Flo they don't show the TD award so it looks like 8-0 but I think it wasn't ruled a slip so it was already 10-0. But Perry keeps the pressure on and rolls him over again at which point all hell breaks loose. Valencia scrambles back and kicks at Perry to get him off him, Perry charges forward at which point Valencia more or less really does girl-slap Perry ("don't you be go tiltin me boy! Treat me like a WOMAN!"). Then Anthony charges Perry again and tries to hit him again. Game over. 

It's really sad. He's now lost to quite a few wrestlers and all the whiz-bang from the US Open has faded. He skipped Juniors last year and never got his rematch with Mark Hall (who whalloped him like 11-1 on the Who's number One). 

That would explain why I didn't see the extra tilt then.  Thanks.  Regardless, Perry was just wrestling until the ref stopped it.  He could have seen the score on the scoreboard to be 6-0 just as we did.

A fair enough assessment.  I thought the punches and kicks were bad, but to me the worst thing is that Valencia never went that hard at Perry at any point in the match.  This isn't basketball or baseball where you have to go outside the action to hurt a guy.  Valencia had 5 minutes to show how tough he was and instead he backed up and crawled out of bounds on his knees to avoid the push out half a dozen times.  Then after the butt kicking is over, he's all of a sudden a tough guy?

That is exactly what I saw. Great description.