Sign in to follow this  
TBar1977

Penn State - Rider

I think Zain's strength is more of an advantage this year Han during his freshman year. Zain will have the occasional close match. That happened his freshman year too. He makes very few mistakes and the price you pay for that sometimes is scoring productivity.

Byers, who is a loveable homer, made it sound like Zain was the beneficiary of some questionable calls.  If true, that match could have easily gone the other way.

Definitely could go the other way next time.

People forget how good Clagon is because he wrestles at Rider. This kid gave Tsirtsis everything he wanted and then some and beat Habat, an absolute stud, in the conference finals last year. Like I said, he has had a bad start this year but when he is switched on, he is capable of beating anybody.

I didn't see it, but from the audio it seems Zain struggled with Clagon big time.  Is anyone concerned that Zain's biggest advantage (his strength) is diminished at 149?  This was his first real test.

I watched it and struggled might be too strong a word. It was a weird match. Clagon took a couiple of nice shots in the first [period but could not convert on them. Zain then almost converted near the end of the first but the action went out of bounds. Zain then rode for 1:47 of the 2nd before a 3 and half minute video review. On the reset Clagon got out.

The entire 3rd period was controlled by Zain who knew he had riding time. Zain nearly convrted a great shot early in the 3rd but Clagon took the action right out of bounds. Zain spent about 1 minute trying to drag him back in bounds. When that action was stopped there was less than 1 minute to go. What would a good wrestler do here? Take an un necessary shot and maybe get countered, or just stop the other guys shots? Zain controlled Clagon that final minute and was never in jeopardy. 

Clagon wrestled well early on and showed some nice athleticism but was clearly gassed by the second period. He never would of escaped if it wasn't for that long review on the phantom locked hands and really didn't do much for the rest of the match. Every time Retherford tied up the arm with his two-on-one, Clagon immediately started back peddling to the edge of the mat. Zain was never in any real danger of losing and if they were to meet again, I don't think the score will be as close. 

Edited by Flying-Tiger

Either way all 3 are ranked wrestlers

nice to see Rasheed with pin over ranked wrestler.

southern scuffle will help, have to also see who has injuries at the end.

like to see rasheed he has 3 years left big frame can go up weight or two.but I am

being a homer on this one#

Frank C

Clagon wrestled well early on and showed some nice athleticism but was clearly gassed by the second period. He never would of escaped if it wasn't for that long review on the phantom locked hands and really didn't do much for the rest of the match. Every time Retherford tied up the arm with his two-on-one, Clagon immediately started back peddling to the edge of the mat. Zain was never in any real danger of losing and if they were to meet again, I don't think the score will be as close. 

You don't think Clagon will get in better shape?

It's quite amusing how the anti PSU continent gets all excited over a close LOSS and disputes my comments on the match despite not seeing it, lol! Yes T-Bar, should be an enjoyable season indeed. 

I'm enjoying it immensely, F-T. I know that sometimes you have to win an ugly duckling type match against a tough wrestler, so yesterday at 149 is one big SMH. Zain didn't get to be top 5 in the Flo P4P or Most Dominant wrestler rankings for no reason. 

Btw, F-T, Suriano just pinned Luke Karam.  I think he had Karam flat for about 12 seconds. 

https://youtu.be/CC3pBLvpjzs

Edited by TBar1977