TBar1977

Joe Smith vs. I Mart is on!

Even Mark Hall started to tire out in the 3rd wrestling against Jason Nolf. I think I Mart is too strong right now for Nolf, but if it is close in the final minute I won't be shocked if they are wrestling at different speeds. Nolf's gas tank is unbelievable. 

It's true, it was an amazing match. I am embarrassed to admit I hadn't known about Nolf prior to that match (Jr Nationals finals) but was impressed as hell by Nolf, especially because he clearly didn't have any freestyle in his arsenal. I was actually hoping that Nolf and Mark would have a rematch in the finals of the Jr WTTs, but Logan Massa took him out in a close one. In a year Nolf and Hall will be workout partners! 

It's true, it was an amazing match. I am embarrassed to admit I hadn't known about Nolf prior to that match (Jr Nationals finals) but was impressed as hell by Nolf, especially because he clearly didn't have any freestyle in his arsenal. I was actually hoping that Nolf and Mark would have a rematch in the finals of the Jr WTTs, but Logan Massa took him out in a close one. In a year Nolf and Hall will be workout partners! 

Logan has 10x more freestyle experience than Nolf, and it showed in that match. As great as Logan is, if those two ever meet up in folk I would pick Jason Nolf. They are at different weights right now, obviously. 

I think iMar is just as high paced as Nolf and stronger. One could say if Nolf tries to open up as much as he usually does he will be blown out of the water by iMar. 

A lot of people don't realize this, but Imar is phenomenal when his opponents shoot on him (which is rare).  If Nolf is smart, he won't take many shots on Imar.  

A lot of people don't realize this, but Imar is phenomenal when his opponents shoot on him (which is rare).  If Nolf is smart, he won't take many shots on Imar.  

Nolf doesn't know how to not shoot. He's constantly shooting and that is a big part of how he tires guys out. I don't think being conservative is in Nolf's best interests. Nolf scores from the craziest of positions and I think this is his best chance. 

Nolf got his last state title when his opponent, a notorious pinner, defensively pinned himself. Nolf almost got the rider wrestler Walsh into the same position Saturday. Not saying he could do this to Imart, just giving an example of how he operates. 

Edited by TBar1977

Nolf doesn't know how to not shoot. He's constantly shooting and that is a big part of how he tires guys out. I don't think being conservative is in Nolf's best interests. Nolf scores from the craziest of positions and I think this is his best chance. 

Nolf got his last state title when his opponent, a notorious pinner, defensively pinned himself. Nolf almost got the rider wrestler Walsh into the same position Saturday. Not saying he could do this to Imart, just giving an example of how he operates. 

This isn't high school, iMart isn't a high school wrestler, I say shoot away see if you can tire iMart, but most importantly:

shop smart

This isn't high school, iMart isn't a high school wrestler, I say shoot away see if you can tire iMart, but most importantly:

shop smart

My post was self explanatory. Pretty sure I never said Nolf or I Mart were still in high school. 

I think a more intriguing match up will probably be Nolf vs Smith. I think his wide open style will not work against iMar. I do think it will overwhelm Smith.  

I also get that he has no reason not to win or loss using the wide open style against iMar. I just think iMar may have an easier time picking apart Nolf than Smith because of it. 

Edited by OtisCampbell

take away 4 from the tilt and throw in the takedown as time expired and it is a much closer match than the score would indicate... JoJo snapped him on his face in the first... he was not intimidated... it was an impressive showing

i did see IMar pin a kid with that tilt... kid totally gave up in the match... how in the hell do you become a college wrestler and still just give up in a match?

Yeah! If you just take away over half of the points IMart scored, the match is much closer!

I think iMar is just as high paced as Nolf and stronger. One could say if Nolf tries to open up as much as he usually does he will be blown out of the water by iMar.

I absolutely agree with this. I was not a fan of his coming out of high school but I have been converted. When people slow him down he pushes the pace and creates his own advantage. When people take chances and try to open it up, he opens it up more. I would be very surprised if anyone but Ian Miller beats him this year and I'm not confident that will happen. Edited by RSabich

F-T, I think in this case I have to disagree.

Joe Smith wrestled with I Mart about as well as any college wrestler not named James Green. Equally as well as Brascetta's quarterfinal match at NCAA's last year, and better than either Dylan Ness or Brian Realbuto wrestled against I Mart. I am not suggesting he could beat I Mart later this year because I don't think he could, but he is definitely getting both stronger and better as a wrestler. 

I hope Nolf can stay with I Mart. Jason never ceases to amaze, but I Mart has power to spare. 

Actually Oliver Pierce from AZ St. wrestled IMar pretty tough.  He only lost 2-0 and no takedowns were scored. 

Yeah! If you just take away over half of the points IMart scored, the match is much closer!

it was 5 seconds of a 7 min match... the score was not indicative of how the match actually played out 

it was 5 seconds of a 7 min match... the score was not indicative of how the match actually played out

This literally makes zero sense. Most points are scored in a relatively short period of time. What are you even talking about? Jojo only scored offensive points because IMart got overaggressive with a cradle. If we take away those points, it's a major. Do you see how little sense your argument makes? It's not like Smith just roomed into his back and laid there, IMart put him there.

so, the tilt points are legit, but, jojo's takedown and escapes are not... gotcha

what was the score coming out of the first period?

2-1

one mistake turned the match... that is the way it goes... 

the fact of the matter is IMar won, but, did not dominate like some would have a person who didn't see the match believe... JoJo looked very good in the loss... he physically hung with IMar, which, as a true freshman was very impressive

you are really just being argumentative now... perhaps you should go rub one out and chill...

JoJo looked good... IMar did as well, but, did not dominate that match... that is the narrative regardless of the final score...

you are really just being argumentative now... perhaps you should go rub one out and chill...

JoJo looked good... IMar did as well, but, did not dominate that match... that is the narrative regardless of the final score...

Lol. Just ignore your complete wrongness and attack someone. Also, that's YOUR narrative. Most everyone else agrees IMart dominated.