Sign in to follow this  
takedownartist

NJ v/s PA for the USA HS Nationals Duals Championship

I'd have to have some help with the NJ lineup, as I don't know each kid as well as others, but a lineup that has some of these kids would present problems for any HS team:

106 Manchio?  One of the Blair kids?

113  Glory or Rivera?

120  Raimo?  Ghione?

126 Suriano?

132  Foca?  

138 Griffith?

145 Mekhi Lewis?

152  Glasgow?

160 Bierdumpfel?

170 Dallavia

182 Josh McKenzie

195 Mulligan?  

220 Correntti

HWY Rivera

I forgot a couple of kids that would have a shot at working their way in somewhere.  Agaisse at 120 can wrestle with anyone.  Donner at 170?  I think Paetzell is going down to 120 (from an absurd 132 this weekend).  A number of good kids are avoiding 126 I believe, to increase their shot at a state title.

That lineup would compete with anyone, and in some cases bonus outstanding kids.

Assuming the highest ranked kids wrestled in a dual between PA and NJ, the PA wrestler would be favored in 11 of the 14 matches. Agaisse would be one of the three NJ kids who would be favored, as long as you get the match scheduled before Spencer Lee returns.

Assuming the highest ranked kids wrestled in a dual between PA and NJ, the PA wrestler would be favored in 11 of the 14 matches. Agaisse would be one of the three NJ kids who would be favored, as long as you get the match scheduled before Spencer Lee returns.

And the vast majority of these HS rankings are a joke.  Check out the head to heads from Journeyman, Super 32, Beast where a ton of highly ranked PA, OH, IL kids were getting handled by lower ranked NJ kids. What state is Willie from again?

You think Correnti would have a shot against Jordan Wood?  After all, Wood is higher ranked, correct?

The kid Mattin from OH ranked over Glory I believe?  In spite of losing to Kinner, and finishing behind Glory at Journeyman?

There are a ton of examples, I could be here all day.

NJ would win a head to head dual with PA this year.  

Check out Bergen Catholic and Penn State recruit Nick Suriano's FALL over Beca's Luke Karam. Scroll down to it in the attached link.

This kid will be special!

http://highschoolsports.nj.com/news/article/-8126594906712859406/nick-suriano-is-njs-beast-of-the-east-four-time-winner-at-prestigious-tournament/

Edited by TBar1977

PA

106 Aragona

113 Teasdale

120 Lee

126 Karam

132 Pletcher

138 Phillipi

145 Verklereen

152 Hidlay

160 Young

170 Weiler

182 Geer

195 Jakobson

220 Wood

285 Gunning

That team crushes whatever Jersey puts out there.

The 2nd team beats Jersey's first team too- just a little closer.

NJ wins 2 weights by forfeit if they wrestle now.

And the vast majority of these HS rankings are a joke.  Check out the head to heads from Journeyman, Super 32, Beast where a ton of highly ranked PA, OH, IL kids were getting handled by lower ranked NJ kids. What state is Willie from again?

You think Correnti would have a shot against Jordan Wood?  After all, Wood is higher ranked, correct?

The kid Mattin from OH ranked over Glory I believe?  In spite of losing to Kinner, and finishing behind Glory at Journeyman?

There are a ton of examples, I could be here all day.

NJ would win a head to head dual with PA this year.  

You're like the jersey version of Long Island Marty.

how many wrong things and poor me assumptions can you fit in one post?

What's up with Jordan Wood anyway?  He was untouchable by kids his age or younger.  Lately, Steveson has 2 wins over him.  Now he loses to Correnti?  Is he the next Chance Marsteller or does he still have shoulder issues?  Thoughts?

You're like the jersey version of Long Island Marty.

how many wrong things and poor me assumptions can you fit in one post?

Maybe you can point out one "poor me assumption", whatever that may be?  The only inaccuracy I had in that post was that I stated it was Journeyman, not Super 32.  Other than that, accurate.

Kinner beat Mattin, and Glory outplaced him.  

Guillermo, please tell me the 10 definite wins?  Verkleeren "pisspounds" Lewis, Wood "pisspounds" Correntti.  Clearly Teasdale is a mortal lock over Glory, as his 6-5 "pisspounding" showed yesterday.  Considering Sebastian Rivera is better than Glory, I'd say it's clear NJ has kids that can certainly challenge PA's best at that weight.

The 106lber is going to be wrestling in the NJSIAA post season this year.  He's not even a Blair kid, he's going to be in the normal NJ tourney.  

Would Kui get "pisspounded" at 182?  

Willie, don't ever compare me to that idiot from LI.  I'm educated, and low key for the most part on these boards.  

You make these absurd, definitive statements.  After Lewis beats the #1 ranked, world champ, you move the goalpost?  Here's the thing, matches are wrestled on mats, not the internet.  Would you have said Kui was going to win Powerade?  No shot, right?

But hey, continue to be the most abrasive guy on these boards.