Sign in to follow this  
GRIPSnHIPS

Taylor Strategy vs Dake...

...seems a bit misguided.

While I think their mat skills are comparable...trying to beat Kyle Dake in a game of riding wars....sure does level the playing field.

Ref calls aside....If Taylor would open up on his feet and forget about the ankle pick for a minute....he might get a couple takedowns.

Grips, I am sure Taylor wants to open up on his feet more. But watch Dake's defense and he goes to the russian tie(almost a key lock) on Taylors right arm--Taylor can't clear his arm.

As Mike Tyson used to say "Everyone has a plan--right up until they get punched in the face".

While I think their mat skills are comparable...trying to beat Kyle Dake in a game of riding wars....sure does level the playing field.

Ref calls aside....If Taylor would open up on his feet and forget about the ankle pick for a minute....he might get a couple takedowns.

Maybe if more bleacher coaches yelled "shoot" more he would get more takedowns cuz' it is easy. Just shoot.

THIS IS ALLLLLL NONSENSE..

Taylor cant/ wont beat Dake without a takedown. PERIOD !!! I project a 3-4 pt win minimally by Dake if, they meet again. Dake has felt him out- and- will be in better condition in March.

Taylor cant/ wont beat Dake without a takedown. PERIOD !!! I project a 3-4 pt win minimally by Dake if, they meet again. Dake has felt him out- and- will be in better condition in March.

If Dake's reversal came 6 seconds later it would have gone to OT.

Maybe if more bleacher coaches yelled "shoot" more he would get more takedowns cuz' it is easy. Just shoot.

Ha ha the best part of youth/high school wrestling right there!

YUK .... YUK ... And then the wrestler shoots into the open arms of his opponent who is now in full defense mode....

The Tie-up that Dake employs really puts a crimp on DT's game. Something needs to change.

You also predicted he would get beat worse / get pinned this time. Just stop it already, you predictions/analysis/whatever you'd like to call it is less than meaningless. Every single match between these two is a toss-up, plain and simple.

Taylor vs. Dake on the risen stage in March will be one of the most anticipated matches in recent history...and if they keep upping the intensity/excitment each time they meet - it may actually be the most exciting match in history. Lets just enjoy it (and hope Taylor can finally turn that corner :D )

I hope they meet again- and you will see a more DOMINANT Dake. Bottom line- Dake figured out in the second period his best chance for escape is on the mat...not standing. So, no riding time -next time for Taylor....and I see Dake taken Taylor down.....and I cant see Taylor scoring a takedown.

A 3rd period DESPERATE Taylor may get decked////// The HUSH in the Arena - will be frightful. Dake wins ......7-2.