Sign in to follow this  
Richard_Immel

FloFilms "Terry" documentary releases Dec. 30

i just saw this for the first time and got goosebumps a bunch of times watching it. The movie wasn't about wrestling; it was about life. I can't wait until my kids are old enough to watch it and understand it, because it's definitely going to be mandatory viewing for them.

My only wish was that Flo would have focused less on the Olympic episodes of his life, which took up about a third or more of the movie. I value world gold medals, especially two of them, the same as Olympic medals in terms of wrestling achievement, so Terry has absolutely nothing to hang his head over in disappointment from a pure wrestling perspective. He conquered the top at every level of his career and left behind a legacy that few Americans will be able to replicate ever. I wish the documentary had celebrated that a little more, even if it required adding 15 more minutes for that.

I was always more inspired by Terry than Tom, and I couldn't quite put my finger on it, but I finally know why. He is such a pure embodiment of stubborn persistence. As Tom, Mike Duroe, and Royce Alger said, Terry is the most stubborn human being I've ever seen, even more than his own twin brother, and that has always resonated with me.

This documentary will be an incredible recruiting tool. Who wouldn't want to wrestle for Terry after watching that? He treats his athletes as if they were his own blood relatives.

Edited by wrestlingnerd

All I had to do was get to the part (early) where he says to the guy that he bumped into, "I'll take you out" and decided to do something more important like watch one of the hundreds of other videos I have in my wrestling video library.  I still remember being by him at the Big Ten's years ago when Joey Gilbert (Univ. of MIch) had his brother Tom pinned in the Big Ten Finals, and a guy right by both of us yelled "he's pinned" and Terry got in his face and said "F.......You"  I wouldn't add this video to my library....but I do love FloWrestling!!!!!!

i just saw this for the first time and got goosebumps a bunch of times watching it. The movie wasn't about wrestling; it was about life. I can't wait until my kids are old enough to watch it and understand it, because it's definitely going to be mandatory viewing for them.

My only wish was that Flo would have focused less on the Olympic episodes of his life, which took up about a third or more of the movie. I value world gold medals, especially two of them, the same as Olympic medals in terms of wrestling achievement, so Terry has absolutely nothing to hang his head over in disappointment from a pure wrestling perspective. He conquered the top at every level of his career and left behind a legacy that few Americans will be able to replicate ever. I wish the documentary had celebrated that a little more, even if it required adding 15 more minutes for that.

I was always more inspired by Terry than Tom, and I couldn't quite put my finger on it, but I finally know why. He is such a pure embodiment of stubborn persistence. As Tom, Mike Duroe, and Royce Alger said, Terry is the most stubborn human being I've ever seen, even more than his own twin brother, and that has always resonated with me.

This documentary will be an incredible recruiting tool. Who wouldn't want to wrestle for Terry after watching that? He treats his athletes as if they were his own blood relatives.

The drama of his story revolves around his Olympic failure and his try at redemption. Adding 15 minutes of material about his world championships would have just gummed up the narrative. Credit to Flo ... somebody there knows how to tell a story.