Sign in to follow this  
smcfee

Lineups at Scuffle

Interesting OSU 157 is Joe Smith, Marstellar/Blees not listed at all.  Any other surprises?

Also "little" Marsden @ 197 (Edit) don't know how I missed that

Edited by smcfee

Oklahoma State has several back up wrestlers who are wrestling at this tournament. Ok State does have another 157 listed (Lamons). Just because Joe Smith and Larry Early are registered and may be the only member from their team in that weight does not necessarily mean that they have pulled their redshirt. They can still wrestle as Unattached-OSU. I am not sure if teams can still add wrestlers to the tourney or not???

I am not sure if additional entries can be made or not at this point, but I don't think so.  Just seems odd that the starters (Marsteller and Blees at 57 and Schaeffer at 97) are not registered, especially with all of the discussion about pulling Joe's shirt and those being two big holes in the lineup.  Mentioned Early because he has consistently beaten Smith.  I don't think that Lamons is on the same level as the other 3 at 157.

Will be fun to see how it turns out, though.  Penn State is bringing a bunch of RS guys where the starter in front seems pretty established, and the same with most of OSU extras.

Odd, just checked wrestlestats & Early (6-4) doesn't seem to have beaten anyone of note & certainly no one named Smith. ;_;

Stats can easily not tell the whole story!  I mentioned him specifically because Joe has lost several to him through the years. Don't ever remember Joe winning against him.  Want to see them wrestle to see how much improvement (mostly mentally) has been made.  A lot of redshirts in this tournament-will be fun to see how they do in some pretty loaded brackets.

He's beaten Jo Smith during international style competition in High School.

He's beaten Jo Smith during international style competition in High School.

ahh ... high school ... I presume he intended to post on the high school forum. ;_;

Edited by ionel

last I checked, Scuffle was a college tournament.  Just a firm believer that some, although perhaps not as good or technical of a wrestler, present match-up problems for an individual.  Makes life fun for those of us who don't take ourselves too seriously.