Sign in to follow this  
TheCanaveralCannibal

Wrestling scoreboard graphics . BTN ,ESPN, FLO

The Wrestling scoreboard graphic should be formatted somewhat like a standard scorebook, instead of the present type used now showing the team scores, individual score, time and so on. (T2,N3, Ws,Cfs...ect).

There is plenty of room on the screen to allow this, unlike most sports. This would help new fans to learn the scoring system, parents new to the sport learn how to help out at local hs events, flag errors in the score, and so many more advantages...The size of the field for each period would be dependent on how much scoring occurred. The background color for each wrestlers name would be red or green, while the rest of the graphic should be primarily color the schools colors.

There more to this concept but I think fans will see my general idea???

Edited by TheCanaveralCannibal

I would add the people operating the video camera that could actually keep it focused on the wrestlers. It was so frustrating watching matches on the laptop. Also you could here the score tables talking in the background. and it sounded like some people had no clue what they were doing. 

Penn State lost a dual a couple of years ago, due to a mis-applied rule and the PSU coaching staff not realizing the error, if the "scorebook graphic" was in place at that time, many knowledgeable wrestling fans would have noticed the error and would have emailed/phoned contacts... Just one example of why we need to get this idea to the people who can implement the concept.

BTW: YOU MAY BE A WRESTLING FAN IF...the wife tells you to take down the Christmas tree...and you "TAKEDOWN" the Christmas tree!!

I would add the people operating the video camera that could actually keep it focused on the wrestlers. It was so frustrating watching matches on the laptop. Also you could here the score tables talking in the background. and it sounded like some people had no clue what they were doing. 

That is the one that bothers me.  It is awful when you're at a key point in a match and it is happening just off your screen.  I am sure I look insane leaning around my laptop like I'll be able to see further.