Sign in to follow this  
Cletus_Tucker

Get out of my way, I'll take you out

What'd you have an unhappy Kwanzaa or something?  You had numerous ways you could take that, and you decide to take it as a shot at Iowa.  

MSU158, despite how miserable you choose to be, I wish you a safe and happy new year.   

And if you choose to drive tonight, please buckle up and don't drink.   

What'd you have an unhappy Kwanzaa or something?  You had numerous ways you could take that, and you decide to take it as a shot at Iowa.

Gee, it's almost as if MSU is using Rosie's ridiculously low threshold for determining which posts are "Iowa bashing." And he's always struck me as a reasonable guy who discusses the issues in a collegial manner.

I think he may be pulling your leg, Cletus. Either that or he's started in early and hard with the New Year's Eve libations. (Speaking of which, I think its about time for me to head out - be safe, ya'll.)

Thanks Hurricane, Maybe you're correct.   I must have misread the intent in the post MSU made.   

I loved that line and figured I'd share it by making a post where I urge the members of the board to be careful while on their evening out tonight.   I could not have foreseen anyone so insecure and walking around with such an inferiority complex, they would some how take that as a dig at Iowa.   And I was right, no one's that pathetic.  

MSU158 please accept my apology, I completely missed you were only joshing with me.   

Guys enjoy your evening, I'm staying home with the GF.

Feliz anyo nueibo

Cletus,

I actually enjoy trolls. You do a great job at generating conversations. Only drawback is you often drive away the former stars that don't want to deal with the fanaticism.

I accept your apology and will not be drinking or driving. Be well and have a safe and fun New Years.

I don't care how big he is.

Be careful out there friends, lots of people not paying attention.

Awesome quote from the film... I could just sense Brands' intensity pumps you up about the sport as much as it does me. Awesome stuff. Happy New Year!!

It was a great film and I am a fan of the wrestling mentality and accomplishments but just can't get past the way he jaws at officials. I guess that may not be fair because I have no idea how other coaches talk to the officials in FS but I see how much he runs around the mat area in college matches. I am not a fan of that behavior

I partially agree with jstock. I do find Terry very likable overall. In the few short conversations I've had with him, he's great. I can't stand the constant working of the officials though. That will go on as long as it's tolerated by the refs. Apparently, the refs tolerate it. I suppose every sport has coaches like that though. You get away with whatever you can and use the tools at your disposal. 

I don't like the way most people treat officials in all sports.

Terry is clearly abrasive and gets away with a lot because of the stakes and the level his athlete competes at.

I can't crush him for being like the majority of people that piss on officials but it doesn't make it right.

I think it is a broken mentality in the human condition that shows in our sport consistently.

As to the rest of the Documentary's representation of Terry, love it and him.

Although I've always loved the Brand's Brothers.

Great movie.... I actually felt sorry for him after losing in the 96 Trails when his father said "You get what you earned" I believe.  Sorry, that is NOT motivational, rather poor, 3rd grade psychology.  

I was mat side in Atlanta in 96 when Tom and Cross both won.

A strange moment for Terry for sure.

leshismore,

I understand your viewpoint but I am not sure that is 100% accurate or fair.  People are not all motivated by the same things.  To me Jennifer Connelly promising herself to me would have made me a National Champ.  However, I don't think that would work for the majority on here.

Simply put, Terry is a VERY unique personality. It would stand to reason that what motivates him would be unique as well.  By listening and especially by watching his mannerisms while reliving that moment, I believe that is the type of motivation that best moved Terry.  You can argue that other means may have worked as well, but finding what would have may not have been that easy or even possible..........................

Great movie.... I actually felt sorry for him after losing in the 96 Trails when his father said "You get what you earned" I believe.  Sorry, that is NOT motivational, rather poor, 3rd grade psychology.  

I was mat side in Atlanta in 96 when Tom and Cross both won.

A strange moment for Terry for sure.

Most people do hate the truth.

I also loved the realization of the "day off" concept. It's not only very telling about his mentality, but also a good reminder to many of us who also value hard work first and foremost - that sometimes you can perform better if you let yourself feel better. 

I gave the sad truth statement about earning second a dismissive grunt too, but I agree with MSU158. We are all a product of our influences. Personally, I'm very grateful for the guys who have been hardest on me. Stuff like that is hard to swallow at the time, but it makes the rest of life much easier. 

My other favorites tough truth was, "Oh, I beat him, just not on the scoreboard". It was kinda funny, but another sad truth. 

I also loved the realization of the "day off" concept.

What amazes me about the Brands is how damn hard they trained all the time for so long while avoiding serious injury. They are not human. If I trained as hard for even one month, something in my body would give out. How they could go balls to the wall so often for so long and not get hurt is beyond me.

What amazes me about the Brands is how damn hard they trained all the time for so long while avoiding serious injury. They are not human. If I trained as hard for even one month, something in my body would give out. How they could go balls to the wall so often for so long and not get hurt is beyond me.

Yeah they must be super human or something.   

That said, most athletes who train like that and don't have the Brand's physical gifts, used PED's in order to be able pull it off.   Most of us would over train and break down.   We would lose the benefit at a certain point.   But wen you add drugs, the body can then recover and yield Brands like results.   

A guy who's getting a ton of flack for it now is Georges St. Piere.   Same type of training as Brands.   Every day, twice a day.  Three times a day, every day, every day, no days off, train, train, train.    And his performance was above anyone else's   As soon as he got seriously tested, he fell off a cliff.   His performance was a shell of his self.   What was the difference?  Many say he was actually clean for that fight (vs Johny Hendricks).  And then he suddenly retired and has not returned.  If you guys follow the UFC and you are watching the huge drop off in performance by most of the stable, it's for the same reason.    They're actually testing seriously now and there's harsh penalties in place.   

Those Brands though, absolutely love them .  The hopping around and acting like little children make me laugh more than anyone in all of USA wrestling.