Sign in to follow this  
Cletus_Tucker

Get out of my way, I'll take you out

leshismore,

I understand your viewpoint but I am not sure that is 100% accurate or fair.  People are not all motivated by the same things.  To me Jennifer Connelly promising herself to me would have made me a National Champ.  However, I don't think that would work for the majority on here.

Simply put, Terry is a VERY unique personality. It would stand to reason that what motivates him would be unique as well.  By listening and especially by watching his mannerisms while reliving that moment, I believe that is the type of motivation that best moved Terry.  You can argue that other means may have worked as well, but finding what would have may not have been that easy or even possible..........................

I tend to agree with you regarding the motivation idea.  Good point.  

Reminds me where I went to college.  DIII national championship caliber teams.  

The head coach would yell, degrade, shame, vitiate, scream, and sometimes smack kids.  That actually worked for some kids, but the campus was also filled with HS All-Americans, state placers and state champs who could not deal with that type of "Motivation"  (but our intramural team filled with state and national placers did try to challenge the "real" team to no avail).

Personally, I came from a high school coach (Hall of Fame coach, Assistant Olympic coach, multiple state championships, etc.) who basically NEVER acted like that in anyway--quite the opposite. And he was VERY successful.

Just shows, people are motivated in different ways.  There is no silver bullet and yes, you are correct, Terry is one of a kind.

I tend to agree with you regarding the motivation idea.  Good point.  

Just shows, people are motivated in different ways.  There is no silver bullet and yes, you are correct, Terry is one of a kind.

This is a great point.  This ability is what made Gable the greatest coach of all time.  He would find ways to motivate each wrestler individually.  I'm not sure if the Brands bros have that ability as coaches which may be why their teams have been very good but not great lately.  There are always a couple of guys that just aren't responding even though they have the talent (Dziewa, Evans, the Moore bros).  

What makes a man like Brands? What makes him do the things he does?

A man like Brand's got a great empty hole right through the middle of him.

And no matter what he does he can never fill it up.

He can't drill enough or win enough or inflict enough pain to ever fill it.

And it drives him mad. Sick mad. Cold and dirty.

This documentary really got the FUN propaganda machine in full steam.

FUN FUN FUN, Grateful Grateful Grateful

lead.jpg

Oh and if it was Tolly he bumped into, my guess is that they were kinda joking around. They spent some time coaching together at Nebraska and I know he used to come down and train in Carver when he was still wrestling. 

Edited by OtisCampbell

What makes a man like Brands? What makes him do the things he does?

A man like Brand's got a great empty hole right through the middle of him.

And no matter what he does he can never fill it up.

He can't drill enough or win enough or inflict enough pain to ever fill it.

And it drives him mad. Sick mad. Cold and dirty.

. I think you are correct. Terry even says he asked John smith when does it end. I think terry eluded that he does therapy (maybe for this reason if so?)