Sign in to follow this  
pawrestler

Ramos vs Stieber

I'm hoping for some Hawkeye magic for this match (ala Ramos over Oliver last season). I'm trying to be unbiased here so I say Steiber wins this one 4-2. If Ramos can keep from being ridden and get his escape soon he could win. That's the key really. Stay off bottom and get a takedown in regulation for the win Otto send it to overtime. If Ramos can't do that then this match will look a lot about their meetings last season: Steiber gets his TD, rides/turns Ramos, Ramos gets frustrated but still can't get away and Steiber tacks on his RT point at the end as Ramos has words with him. Hopefully I'm wrong and Ramos can win. Could be big for the meet. Go Hawks.

Stieber completely controls the match. Ramos is a stud, so I don't see bonus points, but I don't think there will be a question as to who the better wrestler is. I say Stieber by 6. He was a national champ last year and I say this version of Stieber majors last years and that is just scary.

Guest Hammerlock3

this nonsense about stieber by 6 is just ignorant.

I don't mean that as a knock on logan, but Ramos hasn't thought about anyone else sense last march. That might not be the best formula for an upset, but it doesn't spell a blowout for stieber

Haha.. We shall see. I can think about Kyle Dake for the next 9 months too, that doesn't mean I'm going to be any closer to beating him. Last year in the dual Logan won 7-0, but my bad I guess its "ignorant" to think he could do it again. I mean clearly Ramos has trained harder since he "hasn't thought about anyone sense (sense really?) last march." I mean Stieber took time off, relaxed, let Ramos gain ground, oh wait, he was wrestling on the United States World team.

Like I said, we will see tomorrow night. I'll stick to it, Stieber by 6. I could be wrong, but Ramos doesn't win tomorrow night regardless if its in Carver Hawkeye or not.

I'm a huge Stieber fan and he is arguably the best collegiate wrestler in the nation. And Ramos is very nearly as good. Ramos destroyed DiCamillo earlier this season--the same DiCamillo that has taken McCormick into OT and went very tight with Dardanes at the Scuffle.

These two guys are well above everyone at the weight (although Graff could become the third part of this equation).

An upset at home by a hugely motivated Ramos is entirely possible.

It won't mean he's better but it's an indication of how talented Ramos is.

I'm a huge Stieber fan and he is arguably the best collegiate wrestler in the nation. And Ramos is very nearly as good. Ramos destroyed DiCamillo earlier this season--the same DiCamillo that has taken McCormick into OT and went very tight with Dardanes at the Scuffle.

These two guys are well above everyone at the weight (although Graff could become the third part of this equation).

An upset at home by a hugely motivated Ramos is entirely possible.

It won't mean he's better but it's an indication of how talented Ramos is.

Concur.

It seems that, if Stieber were to win by 6, his prospects for the Hodge would improve from "darkhorse" to "serious", if I'm understanding the logic of the denizens of this message board.

A tight down-to-the wire battle is expected.

The Hodge argument on these boards is fueled by partisans arguing for their own guy. If dominance is the determining factor your leaders are: Stieber, Oliver, Ruth and Dake (by virtue of his recent wins over Taylor even though one doesn't count). Taylor, fairly or not, is not in the running until he beats Dake. Kendric Maple could become part of this conversation (although I happen to think he's the second best 141 in the country).

Kilgore, whom I love, is not as dominant. He just doesn't have the top game.

I love how stating an improved defending National Champ Steiber (how scary is that to say), who has beaten Ramos 3 times already btw, winning by 6 is "ignorant"....

But saying because Ramos has a chip on his shoulder and has been so focused on Steiber since last year he can/will win is ....what? Smart, logical? Come on - not so much.

Don't misunderstand what I am saying. Ramos could pull off an upset, sure. It happens all the time at this level. But to call predicting Steiber by 6 "ignorant" and in the same breathe state that a down to the wire match/Ramos win will happen simply because Ramos trains hard (as if Steiber doesn't, as Buckeye said) and doesn't like Steiber - that just sounds silly.

One prediction here is based on actual results and observation between the two wrestlers, while the other is based on (???) a hunch, or maybe some "hawk magic"...or the plot of any underdog sports movie ever :roll:

I would love to pick Ramos, but Streibler is just too much for anyone at 133 I fear. Ramos has improved too, so dont get me wrong here. Streibler wins 4-2. He will get a TD and then get his ride time point by just claw riding and then get an escape. Ramos will get 2 escapes but struggle to get his offense going against Logan.

I think the match looks much like they did last year. And, no Ramos has NEVER lost at Carver Hawkeye as somebody asked. He has also never wrested Logan at CHA either, so we will see. I was at the dual when he knocked off Oliver and I cant remember a noise in Carver being that loud in many years. Ill be there tonight as well, and if he does it again, the roof will be blown off.

I would love to pick Ramos, but Streibler is just too much for anyone at 133 I fear. Ramos has improved too, so dont get me wrong here. Streibler wins 4-2. He will get a TD and then get his ride time point by just claw riding and then get an escape. Ramos will get 2 escapes but struggle to get his offense going against Logan.

I think the match looks much like they did last year. And, no Ramos has NEVER lost at Carver Hawkeye as somebody asked. He has also never wrested Logan at CHA either, so we will see. I was at the dual when he knocked off Oliver and I cant remember a noise in Carver being that loud in many years. Ill be there tonight as well, and if he does it again, the roof will be blown off.

I felt pretty confident in Logan winning tonite, but now that I see the Bucks have chosen to go with this "Streibler" guy instead I think you have to go with Ramos, until I learn more about Striebler's credentials at least.

Stieber 5-2

My thoughts too. I would love to see Ramos win, but I just don't see it happening. He needs at least two takedowns to have a chance, and I don't see him doing that.

I didn't think Perry would ever beat Hendricks either...