Sign in to follow this  
Badger Fan

Jesse Thielke

I believe there are schools with just freestyle/Greco programs I know of one in Michigan can't remember the name though I'd think that would be what he'd need a realease for but then again I don't know how that goes with a transfer like that being not so traditional

Edited by NYWRESTLER94

I haven't followed closely, but he's had plenty of domestic Greco success. Please excuse my ignorance, but what does Wisconsin have to offer him for Greco? 

I mean, his folk performance has been remarkably bad - given his greco success, so that part of the formula isn't keeping him in Madison.

I wonder if Thielke might drop down to Div. III and wrestle for UW-Stevens Point.  That would open up the possibility of training under Dennis Hall, plus the possibility of a change of scenery if he wants to keep wrestling folkstyle.

They are two who left the Badgers but didn't do any better. It was a response to the clown who said Thielke could only do better after leaving. Howe was 2nd, 1st and 3rd at Wisconsin and 2nd at Oklahoma. Rutt was 7th at Wisconsin and did not place at Oklahoma.

Can you really knock those two though? Howe lost a nail biter in the finals to a two time champ, he actually improved on his finish from his last season at Wisconsin and Rutt very well could have finished on the podium for Oklahoma had he not suffered a concussion at the Ncaa tournament as the 7seed.

Of course they could have done better...but they didn't. Just like Howe could have just as easily won the nail biter in the NCAA finals his freshman year against King from Edinboro - but he didn't. Many on here would blame the Badger coaching staff for that loss instead of giving them credit for getting close (as you seem to want to do with both Howe and Rutt while at OK). If you are going to apply the standard of "close but no cigar" as being a positive measure of success then at least be consistent about it.