Sign in to follow this  
pennsyrules

I hate to say this but...

There was a recent thread about Q's spladle and someone posted Caldwell's pin of Metcalf. I then watched the Caldwell -Metcalf final and Caldwell dominated him. I have to admit he was probably one of the most talented kids I have seen wrestle and if he was healthy, well...you know what I'm thinking.

Posting this as more of a question but I got the impression Iowa was not peaked and ready for that tourney, that day at St. Eds in Lakewood Ohio. I don't think Metcalf knew at that time how talented and what a buzzsaw Caldwell was (and still is) and (I think) on the same day Perry had perhaps the worst match of his college career against Chris Brown from ODU:

In fantasy world Dake is 0-2 against Taylor this year (freestyle match doesn't count, then the stalling, then the bad ref who upon further video review was actually a good ref, but still......Taylor rules).

This insanity needs to stop. What is it about Dake that gets under so many people's skin? Booed by the Iowa fans in last year's final. Booed against Taylor for what? Stalling?

But the fans who boo for no good reason and cry bloody murder on this forum and present these silly hypotheticals are beyond the pale. What a bunch of babies.

The Happy Valley faithful aren't happy until they bring Dake down with at least 1 sub70 IQ thread a day. It actually detracts from how good Taylor is because the kid gets the weight of the world on his shoulders trying to please the mob. I really don't know why people can't just sit back and enjoy the show.

I am pretty sure(being a PSU fan) that PSU fans are very happy with the boys. Of course we want Taylor to win...But there is alot of excitement in happy valley with our wrestling team. It is funny "Lord" how you are often criticizing PSU fans but that just means you haven't ever been to REC hall lately or haven't realized that everyone of of our home matches are sold out. You also must not listen to the wrestlers as constantly they are thanking the fan base. I have realized that arguiing or standing up for our wrestlers is futile on this forum BUT you are really "over the top" and seemed to be obsessed with the PSU fans. Trust me...my feelings are not hurt by your continuous discontent and "jabs" at Penn state fans but what it really shows is your complete ignorance at what is truly happening in happy valley. I think you're time would be better served at trying to promote your favorite team and their attendance at matches. We are going to Carver hawkeye in about a month and expect a full house of Loud and passionate Hawkeye fans who will be "somewhat biased" in their yelling and screaming (as we are at psu) BUT next to Rec hall there is no place we would rather be. We appreciate their support of their wrestling team. To wrap it up you're despise for some of us psu fans is well documented but it is getting kinda BORING. Ok ready for your one liners and jabs but you will get no response from me

I am pretty sure(being a PSU fan) that PSU fans are very happy with the boys. Of course we want Taylor to win...But there is alot of excitement in happy valley with our wrestling team. It is funny "Lord" how you are often criticizing PSU fans but that just means you haven't ever been to REC hall lately or haven't realized that everyone of of our home matches are sold out. You also must not listen to the wrestlers as constantly they are thanking the fan base. I have realized that arguiing or standing up for our wrestlers is futile on this forum BUT you are really "over the top" and seemed to be obsessed with the PSU fans. Trust me...my feelings are not hurt by your continuous discontent and "jabs" at Penn state fans but what it really shows is your complete ignorance at what is truly happening in happy valley. I think you're time would be better served at trying to promote your favorite team and their attendance at matches. We are going to Carver hawkeye in about a month and expect a full house of Loud and passionate Hawkeye fans who will be "somewhat biased" in their yelling and screaming (as we are at psu) BUT next to Rec hall there is no place we would rather be. We appreciate their support of their wrestling team. To wrap it up you're despise for some of us psu fans is well documented but it is getting kinda BORING. Ok ready for your one liners and jabs but you will get no response from me

Not trying to hurt your feelings.

Fact is there are a few who ruin it for the many.

I am sure the majority of the fan base are reasonable and supportive wrestling fans, I know they are. Hell, two of my best buddies are PSU fans and one a grad. Even they admit some of the posters on here are clueless idiots.

FACT: There are multiple threads along the tone of "taylor got robbed" "biggest ripoff of 2013" from your fanbase with creedence to the rules of the sport. Instead, blind spewing of garbage all aimed at the fact that someone on their team lost a tough match to a tough competitor.

This thread is another opportunity to diminish another wrestler from another team that happens to be a huge rival of PSU's top athlete.

Got no problem with supporting your team, but if you are going to be a hypocrit I am going to call it out.

Never addressed you in this thread, not sure why you are obsessed with my posts.

Since you are,

You will notice my involvement in the Alton's threads, none.

I happen to think that they are kids making kid's mistakes.

It just pisses me off to no end when posters such as the "Happy Valley Faithful" come on with straight up retarded garbage, which seems to be often since their ascention to the top. It wasn't all that long ago when PSU couldn't crack the top 10 so a little humility would be better served.

PSU has a great team, it is not even arguable. Some of your fans are idiots. Not that other teams don't have idiot fans cuz they do, and when I see it I will call it out.

Peace.

There was a recent thread about Q's spladle and someone posted Caldwell's pin of Metcalf. I then watched the Caldwell -Metcalf final and Caldwell dominated him. I have to admit he was probably one of the most talented kids I have seen wrestle and if he was healthy, well...you know what I'm thinking.

And the sad part is .... Wasn't Caldwell's injury initially from a fall off his Skateboard!!!! He was never the same.... BUM Shoulder.

Alot of uptight people on the boards. That's what these boards are about, hypotheticals and opinion(and alot of BS, of course). Let me preface with I have watched Kyle Dake since he was in elementary school and I have never criticized him. I watch a couple Cornell matches per year as well as a couple PSU matches. I just love the sport of wrestling and I love watching Kyle Dake wrestle, and win!

Now, anyone who loves the sport of wrestling and can't read a post that compliments another wrestler without getting so angry about their wrestler, maybe shouldn't read the post.

Those of you that love wrestling, check this out and I actually see similarities between Caldwell and Dake. Both are extremely confident, both are big match wrestlers, both are excellent in every area.

Watch some of Metcalf's videos and see what he did to opponents during his run and then watch what Caldwell does to him. If after this domination, you can't bring yourself to even think that Dake might have lost to Caldwell in Philly, then I think you are the one who can't face reality.

It's very simple IMO:

Caldwell's Redshirt Senior Season vs Dake's true Sophomore season = Caldwell

Caldwell's Soph season vs Dakes Soph season = Dake

Caldwell's RSr season vs Dake's Senior season = Dake

Dake has shown that his defense & position can neutralize Caldwell's speed & Dake has some of the best heavy hips if Caldwell got in on him. Biggest key would be that Caldwell wouldn't/couldn't keep Dake down & Dake would ride Caldwell like a mule. As an ACC fan & huge Caldwell fan, I'm just calling it like I see it.

You can never base generalize one fan base. Most PSU fans, myself included, have the utmost respect for Kyle Dake. Win or lose in Des Moines, Kyle Dake will go down among the all-time greats. I actually like the way Dake handles himself on & off the mat. I have a ton of respect for this kid. Heck, Cael Sanderson & David Taylor have shown nothing but respect towards Dake.

You have to realize that since PSU's rise, there are some bandwagon fans that have jumped on board. They may be PSU sports fans, but, not life-long wrestling fanatics. When I'm at Rec Hall, I sometimes cringe at some of the ridiculously incorrect references and statements. However, that does not encompass the entire fan base. A majority of the PSU fans that I talk to are knowledgeable and respectful. However, as with any base, there are others who are whiny, excuse-making and can only see through blue and white colored glasses.

My point is that it is the same with EVERY single fan base in the country. The ones who get noticed and are the most out-spoken are the ones who are being talked about the most. Therefore, there group will be the most vocal in defending their team, sometime without using the best tact.

Just my $.02

And the sad part is .... Wasn't Caldwell's injury initially from a fall off his Skateboard!!!! He was never the same.... BUM Shoulder.

Wasn't it actually rollerblades?

I would say with this post you're and Idiot...LMAO!!!

Not trying to hurt your feelings.

Fact is there are a few who ruin it for the many.

I am sure the majority of the fan base are reasonable and supportive wrestling fans, I know they are. Hell, two of my best buddies are PSU fans and one a grad. Even they admit some of the posters on here are clueless idiots.

FACT: There are multiple threads along the tone of "taylor got robbed" "biggest ripoff of 2013" from your fanbase with creedence to the rules of the sport. Instead, blind spewing of garbage all aimed at the fact that someone on their team lost a tough match to a tough competitor.

This thread is another opportunity to diminish another wrestler from another team that happens to be a huge rival of PSU's top athlete.

Got no problem with supporting your team, but if you are going to be a hypocrit I am going to call it out.

Never addressed you in this thread, not sure why you are obsessed with my posts.

Since you are,

You will notice my involvement in the Alton's threads, none.

I happen to think that they are kids making kid's mistakes.

It just pisses me off to no end when posters such as the "Happy Valley Faithful" come on with straight up retarded garbage, which seems to be often since their ascention to the top. It wasn't all that long ago when PSU couldn't crack the top 10 so a little humility would be better served.

PSU has a great team, it is not even arguable. Some of your fans are idiots. Not that other teams don't have idiot fans cuz they do, and when I see it I will call it out.

Peace.

What? He woulda beat Dake?

Of course. Caldwell was seeded # 1, so naturally he would have won if not for his re-injury.

All kidding aside though, it's too bad that match never occurred. At the time, Caldwell would probably have been favored. In retrospect, I'd call it a toss-up, but wouldn't argue with those who'd pick Dake. I imagine it would have been as exciting and close as Dake and Taylor's Scuffle match (with perhaps more scoring).