Sign in to follow this  
DiMaria

Chance Marsteller quitting the sport of wrestling?

I say pull a Kolat type situation. Go back near his home and find a decent small school wrestling program that is farther out of the wrestling spotlight he is in now. Worry about the school part for a semester rather than the wrestling thing. Then start figuring out how to refocus on what made him like wrestling and competing. At that point he can build things back up again and he will likely refind what he has lost, in relation to the sport. Maybe he never reaches National Champ status but he at least gets back on a good life track, finish his wrestling career on better terms, and will likely prove he still has the ability to beat some tough opponents.

I too would love to see this happen. Kinda reminds me of Rocky III when Balboa gets beat down by Mr. T because he's lost the passion, then gets it back by training with Creed. Kolat has already been thru this, to a similar degree. He'd be a great mentor for Marstellar. I hope he ends up at Campbell.

Is Campbell a D1 program?

Fwiw on the thread on hr 1 of the osu posters said he was still practicing with the team in what I'd guess would be to try and earn his way back on the team Smith said he did not quit a day after that tweet was put out the tweet has since been deleted

Fwiw on the thread on hr 1 of the osu posters said he was still practicing with the team in what I'd guess would be to try and earn his way back on the team Smith said he did not quit a day after that tweet was put out the tweet has since been deleted

true

Ok ladies. Enough arguing with each other. There's enough trolls on this site to make an Ernest Scared Stupid sequel. Anyways, does anyone have any non speculative information on Chance as of late? like is he planning on transferring? what is he up to? Is he even eligible to wrestle at a different school for this year?

Ok ladies. Enough arguing with each other. There's enough trolls on this site to make an Ernest Scared Stupid sequel. Anyways, does anyone have any non speculative information on Chance as of late? like is he planning on transferring? what is he up to? Is he even eligible to wrestle at a different school for this year?

I have no clue, but if you find anything out please post

Chance has got to do what is best for him. But as an outsider looking in, I would be out of there! Chance should have kept his weight up and wrestled 174 from day one(Ringer 165)! Two years basically wasted sucking down to 157 and losing to kids he should have never lost to. My gosh he was 170 and above his last two years of HS and was the best kid his senior year in the USA. To see a PA kid like Zavasky, who Chance hammered at states having great success at a heavier weight(184) just irks me. Or a Pete Renda(184) who Chance was head and shoulders better than. I know this subject has been beating to death. Anyway I hope to see him wrestle in a different single next year.

Edited by Chasden

Rogers wins the match up if chance decides to wrestle upper body with him but judging this match up with chance at his best I think the jury would still be out on that one, an osu poster had mentioned a while back on their board that chandler doesn't wrestle well when losing weight so that also could play a roll

Edited by NYWRESTLER94