Sign in to follow this  
TBar1977

Nebraska @ Penn State

I am going to this match with one of my sons, last year I took my other son to the the VT dual when Lawson won it for PSU! I think Nebraska could win 3 matches at 141, 184, and HWT. Really looking to see how Zain matches up against Sueflohn, also I believe Berger beat Nolf in HS from what I remember. I want to get up there a few hours early to hang out with my nephew who is a student there. Also wondered if any one knows if I would be able to check out the practice facilities and look around prior to the match? I would love to get some picks with my son there. Thanks.

The practice room stays open during the match usually. It's downstairs at Rec Hall. I don't mean you can go in and roll around on the mats. You can walk into the lobby area where there are plaques of PSU All Americans and a history of the program. You can look through the glass at the mats, the weight room, etc. Definitely worth taking the time if you have your son along.

AKHUNTER,

I was 100% making a joke of it.  That is why I posted it that way.  Otherwise I would have used Retherford, Sorenson and Sueflohn's names.

I agree 100% that match ups are important.  Taylor almost always beat common opponents by considerably larger margins than Dake.  I never once thought Taylor would beat Dake because of that.

AKHUNTER,

I was 100% making a joke of it.  That is why I posted it that way.  Otherwise I would have used Retherford, Sorenson and Sueflohn's names.

I agree 100% that match ups are important.  Taylor almost always beat common opponents by considerably larger margins than Dake.  I never once thought Taylor would beat Dake because of that.

MSU..... from what I have read from you here that is what I thought

actually you and I agree MUCH more often than not.

Damn.. that is probably gonna get me in trouble.... lol

Edited by AKHUNTER

Zain gets the TD in like 10 seconds. Gets to 1:10 RT and loses the ride. Sueflohn is now on his second time out in period 1. Now Zain gets in on a double and drives thru for another TD. Period ends 4-1.

Esc Zain. 5-1. OK, Zain is pretty much beating him up now. Circles for another take down. 7-1, 2 min RT. Jake is amazing. I thought Zain might tear that left arm off. Period ends 7-1.

ESC Sueflohn. Sueflohn was awarded a TD but it is being contested. Very close. If he had it, he had it for a second and lost it. It is either 7-2 or 8-4. OK, it is ruled NO TD, 7-2. They are in neutral. About 1 minute left.

Sueflohn was gassed at the end as Zain took him down a couple more times, add in about 3 minutes of RT and it ends 12-3. Major.

10-3 PSU

Edited by TBar1977

Nolf 6-0 after 1. TD plus a turn for 4 more. 

10-2 after 2. Nolf has 1:40 RT. 

12-2 now

OK, that was so damn slick. I think Berger is wondering what just happened.

TF for Nolf 19-3 final. 

Nolf is just sick with the sheer volume and array of attacks. 

Edited by TBar1977

Wow and the takedown at the end of the Nolf match was hilarious.  That was not even close.  This ref will not be reffing anywhere outside of Happy Valley. 

Bumblebee glasses + Cap't Jack = I forget that is actually a take down. 

Otis, when your opponent turns you and your shoulders are more than 45 degrees open (more like 75) and you get held in that position for like 10 seconds,  then that is called a TD + back swipes every time. 

Lemme guess, you prolly thought Nolf was STALLING  there. 

Edited by TBar1977