Sign in to follow this  
bigmik

Iowa vs Penn State @ 125/149

Sorenson-Rutherford starting to remind me of Borschel-Lewnes in terms of rhetoric around one side. By the time the finals rolled around, even i was convinced Lewnes was going to roll him up....how did that turn out?

I'm not foolish, i understand Zain could very well won the match, but those acting like it's some kind of foregone conclusion or that bonus points are coming.....

Guest Kingsland

I still stand by the prediction. The match v Sueflohn tonight should be an interesting measuring stick.

Zain was the dominant wrestler, but he couldn't turn him on top. Also Sueflohn was able to get in pretty deep on his legs twice.

That being said I'm kind of nitpicking and he did get the major.

Edited by Kingsland

I don't care Sorenson looked pretty average vs a kid from Wisconsin that is subpar at best.

He did look quite unimpressive today. That said, he was very stingy as usual, which was Otis's main point. I do agree that predicting Zain by major is not exactly based on anything other than wild-ass speculation. And I say that having picked Zain to win.

He did look quite unimpressive today. That said, he was very stingy as usual, which was Otis's main point. I do agree that predicting Zain by major is not exactly based on anything other than wild-ass speculation. And I say that having picked Zain to win.

I wouldn't say a major - I agree there. But a major ass kicking

I would agree. ZR is built like a tank at 149 - never thought I'd Agree with the move to 149 but he made Sueflon look like Peter Pan tonight.

Zain is the kind of talent this year that is easy to root for regardless of a team bias. He goes non stop trying to score for 7 minutes from all positions. In contrast, sorenson is the kind of wrestler you can only root for if you're an iowa fan. Stingy with minimal offense (granted, when it's there, it's there) and scoring. I'll take Zain over tsirtsis 2.0 any day of the week.

Hate to say it, but at this point I would take Gilman over Mega in a close match. Maybe that changes when Gilman starts wrestling guys with a pulse? 

Retherford beats Sorenson easy. I am more worried if Zain has to wrestle Tsirtsis Sunday, that match up worries me a bit. The way a few guys this year have gotten deep on Zain, I could see Jason stalling all match and then getting that one TD to win. Hope I am wrong and Zain can get through his defense early and...

Zain is the kind of talent this year that is easy to root for regardless of a team bias. He goes non stop trying to score for 7 minutes from all positions. In contrast, sorenson is the kind of wrestler you can only root for if you're an iowa fan. Stingy with minimal offense (granted, when it's there, it's there) and scoring. I'll take Zain over tsirtsis 2.0 any day of the week.

My point exactly. The only way Zain does not MAJ Sorenson is if the Hawkeye tries to slow down the action and win like an early-decade 174. Only problem is that Zain don't play that way. With the new rules, you'd likely see Sorenson give up stalling points should he employ that tactic. Edited by lu_alum

Sorenson may be boring but he's a very good wrestler, as strong and conditioned as Zain. I like Zain to win, but let's be real, a major is not a reasonable expected result. To pretend it is is just hating on the Hawkeyes. Anything is possible in wrestling, but I don't think you honestly believe a major is the likely outcome. I'd bet thousands of dollars on Sorenson if you gave me 8 points, and I don't think you ever would with money on the line.

Saying the ONLY way Zain fails to get the major is if Sorenson wrestles conservatively is totally hedging your bet. Sorenson always slows things down against the top guys.

Sorenson may be boring but he's a very good wrestler, as strong and conditioned as Zain. I like Zain to win, but let's be real, a major is not a reasonable expected result. To pretend it is is just hating on the Hawkeyes. Anything is possible in wrestling, but I don't think you honestly believe a major is the likely outcome. I'd bet thousands of dollars on Sorenson if you gave me 8 points, and I don't think you ever would with money on the line.

Saying the ONLY way Zain fails to get the major is if Sorenson wrestles conservatively is totally hedging your bet. Sorenson always slows things down against the top guys.

The bet I would like to see people have to put their money on would be Sorenson +1.5.

I would put a lot on Sorenson with those points. 

Edited by OtisCampbell