TBar1977

I Mar 18 Murphy 3 2nd period TF

I don't know about that. He didn't major true frosh JoJo Smith, which surprised me. I think his staying around 157 to then cut to 143 for the Olympic trials may have some impact. He is a beast, but I don't thinkt he's at a new level this year.

Edited by wrestlingnerd

I don't know about that. He didn't major true frosh JoJo Smith, which surprised me. I think his quest to stay around 157 to then cut to 143 for the Olympic trials may have some impact. He is a beast, but I don't thinkt he's at a new level this year.

Was he putting up this kind of bonus last year? Jo Smith is is a top 4 guy at the weight and IMAR dominated him.

He has a pin or tech in 87% of his matches this year. Haven't gone through last years stats, but but hard to imagine it's that high. Just teched an AA in the 2nd period. He is wrestling on another level right now.

Imart was a freshman last year. By the NCAAs, his confidence was sky-high and his wrestling was substantially improved. The Imart that majored Realbuto and beat James Green, who months later became 3rd in the world, is NOT a level lower than the Imart I see now.

I tend to agree. IMart had one of the best freshman season's in the history of college wrestling so he really didn't need to improve much, if at all, to be dominating this year. 

I tend to agree. IMart had one of the best freshman season's in the history of college wrestling so he really didn't need to improve much, if at all, to be dominating this year.

But he has improved & is better than at this time last year.

shop smart

It's easier to run up the score at a watered down weight when Realbuto, Green, and Ness are no longer there and guys like Murphy have replaced them as top-ranked guys.

Imart is a beast but he is not on another level than he was by the end of his freshman season. Improved a bit? Sure. But let's not exaggerate. Also, he is smaller this year given his Olympic aspirations as I noted before.

Edited by wrestlingnerd

BigTime, that'll be a fun dual overall, and live on the Big Ten Network at that. A lot needs to go right for them, but Illinois could very well pick up an upset, especially in Champaign.

I'm looking forward to it. As far as Imart goes tt will be an interesting marker. Nolf is his biggest threat and will be his toughest challenge to date.

I am a HUGE Nolf fan. He's smart, intense and fearless. He's not going to show Imart any respect. Will Nolf win? I seriously doubt it, but it could be a very close match. The only problem this whole analysis, sadly, is I'm not sure what what we will learn. Nolf is on such a steep trajectory that if it's close it may say more about Nolf than IMart. 

It's easier to run up the score at a watered down weight when Realbuto, Green, and Ness are no longer there and guys like Murphy have replaced them as top-ranked guys.

Imart is a beast but he is not on another level than he was by the end of his freshman season. Improved a bit? Sure. But let's not exaggerate. Also, he is smaller this year given his Olympic aspirations as I noted before.

Opinion does not = fact. I'm willing to bet that is a tough comprehension for yourself.

Jus sayin.

The real reason that Imart teched Murphy in the 2nd period is because of the new 4pt nearfall points, right?

Would otherwise likely not have happened... at least not until the 3rd period. It's a big rule change and works in Imart's favor.

Imart was a beast last year, and he's just as much of a beast if not somewhat better. If I was at 157, I'd find another weight class quick.

Edited by rstrong