TFBJR

Gilman

Showing the usual Iowa style.  Serious question - why don't those coaches stop the extra curricular nonsense?  What don't they get about Student athletes / Higher education?  Are Hawkeye fans not embarassed?  I don't get it. 

Just the usual forearm in the back of the head post-match nonsense.    Not looking to start the Iowa vs the world back and forth but I think it reflects badly on the sport and any university.  JMO.  

Since it's about any team and any university, when is the last time you started a thread to talk about a forearm on the back of the head?

TFBJR

Why didn't Joe Paterno stop the extra curricular activities happening in his locker room? I don't get that either. I'm not a Hawkeye fan but don't throw stones if you live in a glass house

Edited by dtl38

TFBJR

Why didn't Joe Paterno stop the extra curricular activities happening in his locker room? I don't get that either. I'm not a Hawkeye fan but don't throw stones if you live in a glass house

Wow, talk about an apples to oranges, nonsensical response?!  Typical when you have nothing of substance to add. Gilman has a history of this stuff, that why people thinks it's note worthy. Guy continually comes off as a thug and Iowa fans always rally around it as if it's a good thing. 

Wow, talk about an apples to oranges, nonsensical response?!  Typical when you have nothing of substance to add. Gilman has a history of this stuff, that why people thinks it's note worthy. Guy continually comes off as a thug and Iowa fans always rally around it as if it's a good thing.

Sandusky had a history of his stuff too. To bad Joe Pa let it go on as long as he did.

It's way beyond Gilman; I hate the never-ending Brands crap.  I have no affinity to PSU, although we never see their team do anything Iowa-like after 7:00.  Every Brands presser is a low-brow borderline psycho event characterized by a lack of class.  This is a college sport for chrissakes.  It's not war and these are kids. It's not even the UFC and you see better sportsmen in the octagon at bout end than Iowa is putting out.  
We see no teams nor coaches pulling this crap on a regular basis like you see from the Brands Bros. Can't remember once for Cael, Jackson, Robinson, Smith, Douglass, et. al. Compare that to every single match.  And wrt the Gilman / Clark / Stache / Metcalf comments over the years that you see on here - It's hard to even blame the student athletes - this is how they are coached.   Again, just my opinion.   No one in the corn state is going to like it but you can't refute the spectacles.  

Deflection, yet no refutation, from the self-esteemed barrister.

What is there to refute? You just vaguely say the word "antics" and made a reference to possibly putting his forearm into the back of his opponents head, which happens all the time. You have to make actual points for there to be an opportunity to refute.

The brands/iowa way will continue as long as the officials allow it. I'd be 100 percent okay with them calling the wrestlers and coaches out and penalizing them, but until they do nothing will change.

Forearm to the back of the head after the whistle at the end of the match.  And this after he totally destroyed the kid, teched him, and without much fight back.  If ever there was a time to show a little sportsmanship.    

Said my piece - I'm out.  Enjoy the Saturday.  

A couple northern Iowa guys were pushy against vt last night. mcfadden just turned away and continued to dominate Moore. I don't have a problem with minimal shenanigans. These guys are amped up, young and want to win.

Wrestling is the last non-emasculated sport left besides hockey.

Is there a such thing as an iowaism?

Seems there is an "ism" for everything else

Is that meant to Brand (pun intended) a university by their stereotype, like "Clemsoning" in CFB? Edited by lu_alum

If ever there is a time to show some sportsmanship Thomas gilman will (without fail) do the opposite. It's a shame since he's such a talented wrestler and I'd really like to cheer for him.

So true, but never gonna happen. He's a product of the WT upbringing that I had the pleasure of sitting behind at NCAA last year. Moisey match a blessing to behold.

It was an attempt at sarcasm on my part. Gillman doesn't define Iowa's character. The point I was trying to make was who cares what others think about this or other programs, quit getting butt hurt and enjoy the best sport on the planet. Otherwise, go watch underwater basket weaving, polo or crocheting for a gentile moment where everyone gets participation medals and there are no winners or losers.