EarlD1CW

Sudden History Podcast

I hope everyone checks out my newest project. It's called the Sudden History Wrestling Podcast. It's an in depth look at the recent history of our sport through the eyes of me a wrestling junkie. My first episode was released today and it deals with a topic that I've seen on these boards tons of times...The Best wrestlers who were not NCAA Champions....I let you listen for more details.

It can be found on www.mattalkonline.com/suddenhistory

as well as on ITunes, Stitcher, Spreaker, Soundcloud

A new Sudden History episode has been posted and a new one will be posted each Tuesday. 

This second episode is Part 2 of the Best Non-NCAA Champions of the 2000's. Also a story behind the D1CW Video Vault on YouTube.

Next week I'll have a great interview with a very intriguing guest.

Again...

www.mattalkonline.com/suddenhistory

also Itunes, Stitcher, Spreaker, Soundcloud 

Today the third episode dropped. My special guest is Purdue's Chris Fleeger, who was on the list of "Best Non-NCAA Champs of the 2000's". Chris opens up and gives some rare insight into a couple of topics that made him a polarizing figure during his competitive days. For those of you who have been around here for awhile, you might remember how his NCAA Quarter Match ten years ago almost destroyed this board and some others. 

Episode #4 was released today. The guest was 3x Round of 12 Finisher from Penn, Rollie Peterkin. He gives details about his move from Wall Street to fighting MMA in Peru to teaching in Spain and writing his own book, as well as questions about his wrestling career. Very interesting young man. Check it out!

Earl, I like the content.  Great stuff.  I'll make one suggestion to help with the presentation, and that is to speak up.  Your voice is fine, but when you speak quietly into the microphone and then boost the volume it's a little like listening to a loud whisper.  

I'm no broadcast expert, but I listen to a lot of content and that's one thing that stands out.  

Nice work. 

Thanks,

Phill

This weeks show has been released today.  The guest is 3x NCAA Champion Greg Jones of West Virginia. Great and I talk about his successes on the wrestling mat, the 2003 NCAA Tournament where he failed to place and then how one of the wrestlers who beat him that weekend reached out to him and helped him get his current position, wrestling coach of "The Blackzilians" MMA Team. Other topics include his tryout with the Steelers, relationships with his family (brothers) and a fantasy wrestling tournament between 184lbers from PA.

Another show has been released today. This week's guest is 2X All-American from Illinois Conrad Polz. Conrad has moved to Memphis, Tennessee and is currently the lead vocalist for the Band Avon Dale. We have a good discussion about his wrestling and musical careers. Please check it out.

Polz came within a hair's breadth of pinning Taylor at the dual in Huff Hall in early February of 2013.

David was cruising to an easy win and had Conrad on his back in the closing seconds of their match. However, Polz reversed Taylor to his back. He picked up back points and a fall appeared imminent, but time expired. (Haven't had a chance to listen to the podcast yet, so don't know if that bout is mentioned or not.)

This week's show features an in depth look at "The Biggest, Baddest Weight Class of Them All"....149lbs at the 2008 NCAA Championships. I break down the careers of the superstars from the weight class, plus some of the other talented guys that wrestled in the weight at that time. 

I must note that I did not mention Darrion Caldwell as being a #1 seed at one point in his career. I realized that after posting yesterday. 

http://www.mattalkonline.com/suddenhistory

Episode 11 has been released. It is back to an interview format and it feature 3x All-American and 2x NCAA Runner-Up Jon Trenge. Jon is very open about his wrestling career (Eye Injuries, Vertias Movie, Hahn Match, "Anger Management" and also has a lot to say about coaching at the youth and high school level. I always say it everyone I have an interview, but I feel like it's the best one so far. 

This week's episode has been released. It features an interview with the only 4x California State Champ, also a 2x AA for Cal Poly, Darrell Vasquez. Darrell is very open about his career competing and also talks about his current occupation in the field of animation.

Episode 11 has been released. It is back to an interview format and it feature 3x All-American and 2x NCAA Runner-Up Jon Trenge. Jon is very open about his wrestling career (Eye Injuries, Vertias Movie, Hahn Match, "Anger Management" and also has a lot to say about coaching at the youth and high school level. I always say it everyone I have an interview, but I feel like it's the best one so far. 

The interview with Trenge was outstanding.

I can't believe I didn't mention it earlier.....Episode #14 has been released, if features an interview with former Minnesota/Rutgers NCAA Qualifier Mario Mason. I'm sure most people remember, he took a lot of heat on these boards throughout his career. Talks about a new position he has just taken, his work with Nick Suriano, his time at Minnesota and Rutgers and Frank Molinaro.

In this week's episode we focus on recruiting. The Recruiting Rewind for the Class of 2011 is unveiled prior to its official release. Also, team recruiting rankings and recruiting rankings for this years NCAA finalists are broken down.

Sudden History on Itunes and everywhere podcasts are found.

This week's episode features Lock Haven HC Scott Moore. He talks about the team as well as his career competing for Penn State and Virginia. His 2004 season for UVA was just absurd statistically.