Sign in to follow this  
Ron Burgundy?

Thomas Haines Granted Release

Interesting, both Penn St and Ohio St give this kid his walking papers before he ever makes the starting line up.    Has to way on the kid's psyche.   

I thought when he called out the California stud for Dapper Dan, then got humbled, it sort of started to head down hill for him.   That might be one bit of trash talk he wishes he had back.   

Wish him the best at Lock Haven.   

I know this is a Haines thread, but since the move is a result if Snyder coming back after the Olympicshow I figured I woild state it here. While Snyder is a stud and the future, it isn't a sure thing he even makes the Olympics. Snyder is amazing and a world gold medalist, but he still has to be the returning Olympic gold medalist, Varner. Just because he beat him before the last world's doesn't mean he will this Olympic year. Varner will almost for sure be in his last year. The US is in a good spotime with those two guys.

I know this is a Haines thread, but since the move is a result if Snyder coming back after the Olympicshow I figured I woild state it here. While Snyder is a stud and the future, it isn't a sure thing he even makes the Olympics. Snyder is amazing and a world gold medalist, but he still has to be the returning Olympic gold medalist, Varner. Just because he beat him before the last world's doesn't mean he will this Olympic year. Varner will almost for sure be in his last year. The US is in a good spotime with those two guys.

While technically you're correct, as a returning world medalist, Snyder gets an automatic bye to the Olympic Trials Finals while Varner has to win three matches just to face him.  That's a huge advantage for Snyder--who has beaten Varner the last two times they've competed without this edge.  

I hope Varner is ready, because the Kyle I saw at Worlds was vastly improved on his feet technique, likely from having to try to take down Tervel in practice.  I'd say he literally looked 20% better than he was at the trials, and now he is getting bigger and stronger.  And working with Tervel, and Rowlands and others........its getting to be a steep cljmb for Varner with the Gauntlet he has to defeat just to get the right to face Snyder.  

Edited by Fishhook

Did OSU have scholarship money tied up with Haines? To be competitive with 9.9 you can't remain competitive with too much tied up on second stringers. I doubt that there was any. Also, wonder if he'll compete with the nittany lion club? Close to lock haven but does bad blood exist? Does he have any interest in fs?

I have no inside knowledge of the situation but I'm sure they do. Haines was a bonafide blue chipper coming out of high school. A kid like that doesn't come for free.