Sign in to follow this  
Abdullahgadzhi Khuzin

Ivan Yarygin results!

in folk everybody sprawls or hits a funk roll for defense, but most international guys seem to prefer to defend with a crackdown or whizzer, because that position is just as much offense as for the guy who shot and has a leg. Its a huge adjustment i think

Edited by newyorkwrestler

varner wins 7-4, looked good

maetcalf caught in a trapped arm, gets teched.

Well I for one didn't think Varner looked that good. Seems out of shape and was easily taken down twice to an opponent that was clearly inferior.

Met calf was completely dominated. Got blast doubled in the first 10 seconds and then easily taken down and rag dolled for the tech in less than a minute. Just terrible! Guaranteed his opponent loses the next match too just watch.

I have to strongly disagree. free is much more technical, and exposure creates lots of offense.

But what's the deal with exposing a guy's back for a second being so important? Taking a guy down and control him is self explanatory.

Edited by Axe_Spartan

Snyder wins 2nd round in very tough match 4-0. Not sure who the guy was from russia but another tough dude!

At 213 russia has their #2-6 guys onthe ladder there. Great test for Varner and Snyder! 

Edited by PRyan2012

It's being great seeing those 2 Snyder's matches so far, takedown after takedown.

He's fantastic on his feet, but he really needs to improve his top game. It's rare for him to make any serious effort to turn someone. If he could develop a serious gut wrench, he would be nearly unstoppable. Until then, he is solid but vulnerable.

Nice to see Varner bringing the side headlock back when he's on top. He used to score a lot with that, but I feel like I haven't seen him use it much recently.

Snyder was winning 4-0 before the match got stopped because the guy did something to his shoulder. It looked like he dislocated it while handfighting Snyder. I'm sure if the match would've continued, Snyder would've scored more. He looked crisp and very comfortable.

I'm still amazed by how much Snyder has improved over the past two years. Freak.

Damn, Snyder goes down 3-0.

The guy he wrestled was an unbelievable athlete. Snyder got in on a beautiful low single after giving up the passivity point with about a minute left. He changes off to a double and the Russian somehow gets out of it despite falling to the mat and nearly giving up the TD, then stands up and BACKFLIPS out of the single. Holy sh*t. That was ridiculously impressive.

Varner up on Mat C. Come on, Varner.

Scores on an ankle pick/single. 2-0 Varner.

I have no idea how Varner got put on the shot clock, but he gives up 1. 2-1 Varner.

Scores another TD as his opponent picks up his activity with less than a minute left, 4-1. Gives up pushout. Wins 4-2. Varner advances.

Edited by wrestlingnerd

Jake wins 4-2. Got in a lot, but only finished a few times.

Gonna be an interesting final. Snyder was just out-sized and out-muscled by that guy. I think Jake matches up a bit better in terms of size, strength, and style. Perhaps also a better match-up in terms of patience. Snyder tends, like most of our guys, to attack, attack, attack. And while I have knocked Jake before for lacking offense and stalling his way to defeat (a problem which he seems to have corrected in the last year or so), I think in this match he should not be overly aggressive. That dude is huge and you don't want to get stuck underneath him. Jake needs to make him shoot and then work counters. When he does attack, Jake needs to stick to ankle picks, which fortunately for him, he is good at.

Edited by Alyosha