Sign in to follow this  
Abdullahgadzhi Khuzin

Ivan Yarygin results!

Continuing with the theme of asinine passivity calls: Jake gets warned for passivity after generating the only action of the match. Then gets hit for passivity again while he was in on a shot and fighting to finish.

Guy Varner beat is 5th on ladder in Russia at 213. Long trip over here! 

On a side note Belonsky russia's #2 guy at 213 and world cup champ just lost 5-2. Everyone is tough here!

Isn't the guy Snyder lost to Russia's #2? He made the Russian world team 2 years ago anyway.

Varner has looked better since his first match but I'm not sure he's beating this guy in the Finals. Dude looks like an absolute monster, he flipped Snyder over to his back while he was laying flat on his stomach holding onto an ankle...hulk strength!

he is prob more like 4 or so, gadisov, gatsalov and baytsaev, are all at this weight as of now i believe. Maybe this guy is better i don't know

I thought he beat Gatsalov head-to-head at Russian nationals a couple years ago. It's all academic I guess...he does have the best beard in the tournament though!

Your right he finished 2nd to Gadisov last year sorry. Belvonsky is 4th on ladder not counting Gatsalov in there-think he is not ranked but will probably go at nationals then retire. Baytseav looks like a true russian and dang is he huge! Varner has got to use picks and be smart! Didnt think Varner would out place Snyder here. 

Kyle is really technically sound on his feet and holds position really well. That is why when he gets up by even a point or two, it is very hard for guys to come back on him. On the other hand he is sorely lacking in explosiveness. That is why when he gets down by even a few points against a guy like Boltukaev who is equally good at holding position, he is in real trouble. Really his only hope in those types of matches is to rely on better conditioning and get the guy worn down to the point where he can score. That's how he got the takedown on Gadisov to win worlds. 

Edited by Alyosha

Kyle is really technically sound on his feet and holds position really well. That is why when he gets up by even a point or two, it is very hard for guys to come back on him. On the other hand he is sorely lacking in explosiveness. That is why when he gets down by even a few points against a guy like Boltukaev who is equally good at holding position, he is in real trouble. Really his only hope in those types of matches is to rely on better conditioning and get the guy worn down to the point where he can score. That's how he got the takedown on Gadisov to win worlds. 

I beg to differ. Snyder is not JB, but he is quick enough to score on just about anybody. The problem today was that his opponent was a phenomenal athlete and got out of a TD that 99% of the other 97 kg wrestlers in the world would not have. I'm not sure the same guy would escape unscathed were he to be put in the exact same position again. I literally jumped out of my chair when I saw him do the backflip. I've never seen a guy that big hit a move like that in competition at the highest levels.

Had Kyle scored that TD, he would've had a minute to push the guy out for the win, plenty of time.

The Russians are just that good. I wouldn't read too much into this one match. Kyle lost. He didn't get blown away.

Edited by wrestlingnerd

Snyder wins 2nd round in very tough match 4-0. Not sure who the guy was from russia but another tough dude!

the guy Snyder wrestled in the quarters looked like a JV wrestler. Snyder took him down twice with little resistance then pulled his arm out of his socket (by accident) to get an inj default. tough dude sure but not close to world caliber. 

Well Logan and Kyle got hurt by not being able to finish. Even though that one shot Kyle got in on and the guy did a flip to get out of it was pretty phenomenal so on that one you just have to tip your hat. Hopefully they can rectify these issues, and come back better than ever. I would also think our guys need to work on their turns as well. Not sure what happened to Brent. The guy did not want to tie up and just stayed outside and blew threw him.

Snyder lost!!! 

So did many other great wrestlers at this tournament.  Snyder also had a loss a couple months before his world title to a guy much worse than Boltukaev (albeit in folkstyle).  Kyle is still very young and learning, and it seemed he had more issues scoring on Boltukaev than Gadisov due to Boltukaev's length/reach. 

Snyder lost!!! 

Abdullahgadzhi, forgive the excuses from the typical American fans.   Snyder lost to a better wrestler, and there should be no excuse made, or poor sportsmanship here.   Sadly there is and it's to be expected.   

Questions for you, How would Sadulaev have performed in this tournament at 97 kg?  

Damn, Snyder goes down 3-0.

The guy he wrestled was an unbelievable athlete. Snyder got in on a beautiful low single after giving up the passivity point with about a minute left. He changes off to a double and the Russian somehow gets out of it despite falling to the mat and nearly giving up the TD, then stands up and BACKFLIPS out of the single. Holy sh*t. That was ridiculously impressive.

Anyone have film on this? This description makes me really want to see it, lol. 

Abdullahgadzhi, forgive the excuses from the typical American fans.   Snyder lost to a better wrestler, and there should be no excuse made, or poor sportsmanship here.   Sadly there is and it's to be expected.   

I haven't seen anyone making excuses. Everyone that has commented here has said that Kyle was either physically or technically outmatched- in other words, the other guy was better.