141 Guilibon dec. Psu 9-0

149 Retherford fall. Psu 15-0

157 Nolf fall. Psu 21-0

165 Jordan maj. Psu 22-4

174 Nickal dec. Psu 25-4

184 Courts dec. Psu 25-7

197 McIntosh dec. Psu 28-7

285 Snyder fall. Psu 28-13

Cael talked on the Wednesday radio show like nevills return this year is strong possibility. If that would happen it would obviously need to be sooner than later. I'd be very surprised if he beat snyder, but it would be extremely interesting to see him try.

125 nico dec. Psu 3-0

133 Conaway dec. Psu 6-0

141 Guilibon dec. Psu 9-0

149 Retherford fall. Psu 15-0

157 Nolf fall. Psu 21-0

165 Jordan maj. Psu 22-4

174 Nickal dec. Psu 25-4

184 Courts dec. Psu 25-7

197 McIntosh dec. Psu 28-7

285 Snyder fall. Psu 28-13

125 NaTo dec  3-0 tOSU

133 Conaway dec. 3-3

141 Jorden dec. 6-3 tOSU

149 Retherford fall. Psu 6-9 (it won't be over Hunter)

157 Nolf fall. 6-15

165 Jordan dec. Psu 9-15

174 Martin dec. 12-15

184 Courts dec. tOSU 15-15

197 McIntosh Mdec. Psu 15-19

285 Snyder tech tOSU 20-19

I have a tOSU bias, obviously. But, if either JDJ or Martin pull an upset, so do the Buckeyes. They match up well regardless, so it'll bee a great match.

I don't think we'll see Hunter again until B1Gs, but i'm just a guy on a laptop. 

This is at PSU, I think that will be the advantage they need to help get the win.

125, 133 are a toss up.

141,165, HVY are easy tOSU wins.

149,157,197 are easy PSU wins.

174, 184 slight PSU favorites.

Nico dec.   PSU 3-0 (I think he wears out Nato and wins close decision with a TD in 3rd)

JC dec.      PSU 6-0 (JDJ will fade and Conaway squeaks by a close decision)

Jordan dec. PSU 6-3 (Jordan wins a comfy decision, Gulibon walks off the mat dejected)

Zain pin      PSU 12-3 ( no way Stieber goes, Zain hammers someone else)

Nolf tech    PSU 17-3 (Nolf opens it up in the 3rd period for the tech)

BoJo maj.  PSU 17-7 (Morelli seems to be the better option with SR gas tank issues, BoJo could pin or tech also)

Nickal dec. PSU 20-7 (gonna be a close one, Nickal needs to have his gas tank full for this match)

Cutch dec. PSU 23-7 (Courts will gas and if Cutch is healthy he will pour it on late and win)

Morgan Maj. PSU 27-7 (Easy win for Mac, could use bonus just in case other toss up matches go to tOSU)

Snyder tech. PSU 27-12 (tech for Snyder, unless NN wrestles. Then I got Snyder by dec.)

Nickal isn't Losing and 184 is a pipe dream at best. However I'll give OSU the first three matches

But not 165 or 285?

At any rate, I can already hear Tim Johnson telling us how 125 will set the tone for the dual. Maybe yes, maybe no. Still, that would be my preferred starting weight.

I didn't realize how well tOSU matches up with PSU. They could win at 125,133,141,165,184(McCutcheon status?) and 285. The kicker is they actually have a good chance at bonus at 165 and 285. So if they don't win at 133(I think Conaway wins), they still have a chance to match PSU bonus that likely happens at 157 and 197. This shapes up to be one hell of a dual!

After watching Stieber against Blanton last night, I hate to say it, but Retherford will likely bonus him as well and probably decide the dual.....

Edited by MSU158

This could be a barn burner (where did that expression come from anyway?). I got my tickets and expect to see some surprises. A key bout for me is Guilibon - OSU should be favored, but I'm hoping for a healthy, revitalized Guilibon to start his "comeback" with a surprise. Wishing for first TD and resurgence of confidence.

I'll join in the foray.  

125:  NATO dec. MEGA - 3-0 tOSU  Note:  This could EASILY go the other way

133:  JDJ dec. Conaway - 6-0 tOSU.  Note:  This could EASILY go the other way

141:  Micah dec. Gulibon - 9-0 tOSU.  Note:  Would be an "on paper" big win for Micah, but this too could go the other way.

149:  ZAIN WBF - 9-6 tOSU.  This is Zain's weight class to lose.  He's at the Pico/Logan level in general, so... nightmarish for anyone tOSU throws out there.

157:  Nolf tech Ryan - 11-9 PSU.  'Nuff said

165:  BoJo MDEC. Rasheed - 13-11 tOSU

174:  Nickal dec. MyMar - 14-13 PSU.  This could go the other way.  MyMar lost by a point their first go-round, and just beat the guy that beat Nickal this year.

184:  Cutch dec. Courts - 17-13 PSU.  IF Cutch doesn't go, Courts may pull out a decision.  Courts looks horrible once again during the regular season.

197:  McIntosh MDEC. Martin - 21-13 PSU.  If tOSU wrestles Fox, then it's probably a WBF for Morgan

HWT:  Snyder tech Johnson/Phipps - 21-18 PSU.  

The "only" locks for a victory for tOSU are at 165 & HWT.  If tOSU wrestles like they have a tendency to do during their duals, then it could be an absolute "whiteout" for PSU, with tOSU only putting up ~6-8 pts total.

So... best case scenario for tOSU is above, and if the stars align, the match of the night that could be the turning point for tOSU would be the Nickal/MyMar match.  

Edited by treep2000

125: Nate has looked better this season than Nico and anyone who doesn't see it is hopelessly biased.  Still, it's probably a 1 TD match.  For Nico to win, he has to completely stop Nate from scoring.  Stalling calls could play a big factor.  3-0 tOSU

133: JDJ always has the advantage when he wrestles someone for the first time.   See wins over Joe Colon, Earl Hall, Cody Brewer and Cory Clark as examples.  For that reason he has a very real chance to beat Conaway.  6-0 tOSU

141: Guilbon can be very good or not so good.  Micah is an offensive machine but not much of a rider. Slight edge to Micah.  9-0 tOSU.

149: Zain is one of the best wrestlers in the country.  Hunter Stieber joins a long list of guys whose superb careers have been undone by injury.  No matter who the Bucks put out there, it's probably a TF.  9-5

157: Nolf is relentless.  Jake Ryan might slow him down but once Nolf breaks him, it's gonna get ugly.  Only question is TF or MD.  10-9 PSU

165: Bo is a solid favorite but Rasheed has been getting better every match.  12-10 tOSU

174: Myles Martin is a superb prospect with a few rough edges.  Bo Nickal is similar but more experienced.  Still, Martin matches up well with Bo and the upset is possible.  13-12 PSU

184: Courts struggles with guys who push the pace.  If McCutcheon is healthy and wrestling hard, I take him.  This is arguably the swing match.  16-12 PSU

197: McIntosh by MD over Mark Martin.  20-12

Hvy: Snyder by TF.  20-17 PSU

For the Buckeyes to win, they've got to take the first three matches and then they need Courts to pull out a victory.  The only other chance for the Bucks is at 174.  PSU has the easier path to a win.  Similar to the Illinois dual, if they are victorious in any of the close ones (the first three weights come to mind), a win is all but assured.  PSU is home in front of a sell out crowd.  Odds are they'll pull off at least one upset early and coast.  Bucks have looked better since the debacle against Michigan.  They'll need to be on their A game for any chance at a huge road win.

So they will wrestle 12 weight classes?

5 + 5 does not equal 12. Thus, you must be mistaking something I wrote. Conventional wisdom is that Penn State should win 5 of the last 7 weights, losing 165 and 285, but piling up major bonus. If my premise is that Ohio State wins the first three, and I agree with the conventional wisdom regarding the last seven, then it follows that the bouts go 5-5 and PSU wins on bonus.