Sign in to follow this  
farmer79

Ohio State vs Penn State

Nico matches up well with that left side hi c.

NIco's defense is as strong as Tomasello's offense.

Nico's O may be stronger than Tomasello's defense. Tomasello is a tough, good wrestler, but I like Mega's strengths v Tomasellos - and that's not taking anything away from Nato.

Thanks.

I think nato's offense is better than mega's defense. Mega will still get takedowns, but will end up losing.

Great matchup. Very possible finals, depending on seeding.

It was the weakest 125 bracket in decades, hopefully NATO keeps patting himself on the back about that

Nato doesn't pat himself on the back.  And beating Alan Waters in the semis was huge.  Waters was as good as anyone at the weight in years and just was picked as MVW at the Dave Schultz Open.  Try not to be a douche.  None of the wrestlers deserve it.

Nato doesn't pat himself on the back. And beating Alan Waters in the semis was huge. Waters was as good as anyone at the weight in years and just was picked as MVW at the Dave Schultz Open. Try not to be a douche. None of the wrestlers deserve it.

Stick to football it's a sport you can actually buy your championships. We took a year off last season, I doubt you come close to us again. I laugh at Ohio wrestling.

Stick to football it's a sport you can actually buy your championships. We took a year off last season, I doubt you come close to us again. I laugh at Ohio wrestling.

Ah. A trashtalker. No point in asking why laugh at any wrestling.

Spout away.

125 - "Nico wears nato out"

Nico better pace himself against the national champ

We've seen Nate lose a few, but it wasn't because he was worn out. If he loses to Nico, it'll have to do with not being able to finish on the lengthy, flexible, scrambler - Nico is a great wrestler. My guess is that 60% of the offense will be Nate. Hopefully 60% of the points will be too.

Retherford and Nolf are going to make this match nearly impossible for tOSU to win because I think they each tech or pin whoever they wrestle. If tOSU can split 5 matches with PSU, which I think they can, they should be happy with their performance. I see the Bucks taking 125, 133, 141, 165, and HWT.

Nico may beat Tomasello, but it sure as hell won't be because he wears Tomasello out. Tomasello does not wear out. He will match or exceed anybody's pace. Also, I don't think anyone's offense is better than Nate's at the weight class. Nico's defense is probably better. Tomasello is physically stronger and more powerful, and I think that's the difference. It's a very interesting matchup, the one I'm most looking forward to. I think Tomasello takes it.

The other match I'm really excited to see is 174 because it has a lot of team race implications. Myles has the quickness and hips to force more discipline out of Nickal, so I think we'll see a close match again.

Silver-medal made a very astute observation about those wrestling JDJ for the first time. Even if you know about the banana hands/death grip, it takes getting stuck in an uncomfortable position, locked into place, a few times to know how to plan for it. Especially if you're smaller as Conaway is. I like JDJ to beat Conaway.

Well I wrote "Nico wears out Nato", and I still think he may. It looked to me like Tomasello was getting worn down from Youtsey's  pressure late in their match. So I believe if Mega, who I believe has been taken down zero times this year, avoids getting taken down can get to Nato late with a TD. Nico's motor is better than anyone's in the game, plus he has the experience on him and it is at PSU. Not to mention the long bus ride and I think the flu is going around at tOSU;)

I have never seen Tomasello lose because he got too tired. This includes HS. Lou Roselli has never seen anyone work harder than Nate. Considering Roselli's background of coaching champions at every level, including world seniors, that is quite a statement, and clearly not something he'd say without meaning it since h has never said that before to my knowledge despite decades in the game.

Nico has a good motor but it would shock me if Tomasello lost because he gassed. More likely, he gets sloppy or makes a bad decision. It'll be a great match.

Not all PSU fans are delusional, no way Nato will gas. The kid is a stud. Will be a great match. Nico needs to stay on his attacks, basically preventing Nato from getting his going.

I also feel bad for Hunter. Unfortunately it looks like his career should be over. It must be painful to watch for DuhOSU fans.

Not all PSU fans are delusional, no way Nato will gas. The kid is a stud. Will be a great match. Nico needs to stay on his attacks, basically preventing Nato from getting his going.

I also feel bad for Hunter. Unfortunately it looks like his career should be over. It must be painful to watch for DuhOSU fans.

Meg won't beat NATO but he'll make it interesting.

Retherford is on a mission - I don't think Hunter will smell him

Delusional? LOL. IF Youtsey had Nato running and looking very tired at the end of their 4-2 match, I am sure with Nico's pressure and skill could also possibly wear down Nato late and score a TD. Nato is a "stud", does not mean studs do not tire.  Imar also was supposed to be this unbeatable machine who wears out everyone he faces and never tires. What happened to him after one freaking period with Nolf?! 

Delusional? LOL. IF Youtsey had Nato running and looking very tired at the end of their 4-2 match, I am sure with Nico's pressure and skill could also possibly wear down Nato late and score a TD. Nato is a "stud", does not mean studs do not tire.  Imar also was supposed to be this unbeatable machine who wears out everyone he faces and never tires. What happened to him after one freaking period with Nolf?! 

Nato did not look very tired in that match, which I saw several times. As Vak pointed out, he did get his head smashed against the table, inspiring a thread about changing the rules to require more space between the mat and the table/wall/stands. That, not fatigue, was the reason why he had to take a few seconds to reorient himself before he finished the match.

Imart was/is a fire-breathing beast, but I've never heard anyone claim he never gets tired. In fact, I've heard the opposite on a few occasions, since Imart himself admitted to it after getting "Jason Nolfed" by Valencia in freestyle.

I'll take Tomasello's tank against anyone's and spot you a full period.

Edited by wrestlingnerd

Delusional? LOL. IF Youtsey had Nato running and looking very tired at the end of their 4-2 match, I am sure with Nico's pressure and skill could also possibly wear down Nato late and score a TD. Nato is a "stud", does not mean studs do not tire. Imar also was supposed to be this unbeatable machine who wears out everyone he faces and never tires. What happened to him after one freaking period with Nolf?!

NATO is god dude just like Braxton Miller, can't be beat lol

Nato did not look very tired in that match, which I saw several times. As Vak pointed out, he did get his head smashed against the table, inspiring a thread about changing the rules to require more space between the mat and the table/wall/stands. That, not fatigue, was the reason why he had to take a few seconds to reorient himself before he finished the match.

Imart was/is a fire-breathing beast, but I've never heard anyone claim he never gets tired. In fact, I've heard the opposite on a few occasions, since Imart himself admitted to it after getting "Jason Nolfed" by Valencia in freestyle.

I'll take Tomasello's tank against anyone's and spot you a full period.

I only saw the match once and did not rewatch it. Maybe it was the head smash? I will give you that. I thought he just looked wore out and tired. But isn't Nate a boxer on the side, should he not be used to getting hit in the head? Maybe he just needs to stick to wrestling? Kidding.

Imar was talking so much smack before Nolf with saying stuff like "he can't match my pace", or something close to that effect. Sounds to me like a very confident wrestler in the stamina department. Look EVERY wrestler get's tired, but Imar as of his entire college career has beaten and dominated many elite wrestlers with his pace, stamina and skills. And in one match he was wore out in one period by Nolf, in 60+ straight wins prior to that match it never happened.

My only point is this is Nate's biggest test so far this year, wrestling a three time AA senior wrestling at home. If Nate takes him down and can control Nico sure he probably will not fade at all. Who really cares anyway, we will just see what happens. This is an excellent match up and I can not wait to watch it. Only question is do I take the kids or just watch at home on TV? My boys have a tourney early the next morning. Ugh.

Oh. Nico's gas tank all day! Nate's a muscle head who wants to be at 133 next year and with all that muscle no way his tank is better than Nico's. I surely hope this match goes to multiple OT's. Enjoy the dual:)

Chasden:  You're making way too much out of a single dual meet performance.  Credit to Youtsey for his excellent game plan but the entire Buckeye squad had a bad match while UM looked like they'd been preparing for weeks for that dual.  I once watched Logan Stieber "struggle" with Danny Sabatello from Purdue (he beat him 12-3 and worked very hard to do it).  There are countless examples of outstanding wrestlers struggling/losing to less skilled opponents in a dual setting.  

Nico has the tools to defeat Nate.  He can stay low and limit his offense and look for one mistake.  But on balance Nate has been the more impressive wrestler this season.  We both know either guy can win....but you sound like an amateur when you keep referencing Nate's worst dual performance of the season as a justification for an outcome. 

"My only point is this is Nate's biggest test so far this year, wrestling a three time AA senior wrestling at home"

It will be Mega's biggest test so far this year. I bet that's what Johnson and Gibbons will say during the broadcast. They will surely point out that NaTo beat Joey Dance after Megaludis lost to him.

It's a big test for both and an important prelim to the Big Tens when Gilman joins the fun.