Sign in to follow this  
farmer79

Ohio State vs Penn State

I didn't assume this, but I'd venture to guess, that his frame is tallish and he is still a kid, so people would expect him to grow. And 174 is more wide open...right now.  So that is why they may have guessed that.  

Fish, thanks. You are not the only one who has slated Hall at 174. It's not that I disagree or agree as much as I wondered if Hall or Cael had indicated he's projected at 174.

Based on some commentary perhaps nolf and Joseph would switch on this list. As for hall at 174 I have a feeling he will grow a little more (muscle at least) as will nickal who has a pretty thin frame at the moment. Cael has shown he wants the line up to be as tough as it can be from top to bottom so I imagine he finds a way to get Joseph in there somewhere.

That works.

Chasden, there is no way Cael Sanderson is making any decisions based on what is written on a msg. board. He implores his wrestlers to avoid these boards. 

I was being sarcastic and just joking. I KNOW Cael would never read or care what anyone says on a message board. I remember how he ripped on CP after last years scuffle after CP was "questioning" his lineup. Hahaha

Throw in a backup at 165, move BoJo up to face Bo Nickal, move My Martin up to face Cutch, and Kenny up to face Mac. I doubt it would benefit OH ST but it would be more interesting imo.

Edited by unbiased

Throw in a backup at 165, move BoJo up to face Bo Nickal, move My Martin up to face Cutch, and Kenny up to face Mac. I doubt it would benefit OH ST but it would be more interesting imo.

If tOSU has nothing to gain, then that action would make Ryan a bad coach, right?

My Optimistic tOSU fan call

165 BoJo by bonus 4-0

174 MyMar loses narrowly  4-3

184 Courts by dec 7-3 (unless McCutchen is healthy)

197 Macintosh by bonus 7-7

Best case

165 BoJo by bonus 6-0

174 MyMar by upset 9-0

184 Courts by dec 12-0

197 Macintosh by bonus 12-4

Worst case

165 BoJo by dec 3-0

174 MyMar loses  3-3

184 Courts loses 3-6

197 Macintosh by bonus 3-10

With the bump (not as optimistic tOSU homer call)

165 tOSU loses, maybe gets cradled and pinned 0-6

174 BoJo probably wins, but no bonus 3-6

184 Martin probably loses even if Cutch is only 80%, 3-9

197 Macintosh by bonus 3-13 (We celebrate when Courts keeps it close with a top 184lber, no way does he hang with Mac) 

or best case

165 tOSU loses 0-3

174 BoJo wins 3-3

184 Martin upsets Cutch 6-3

197 Macintosh by dec 6-6

worst case

165 tOSU pinned 0-6

174 BoJo loses 0-9

184 Martin loses 0-12

197 Macintosh by bonus 0-16

Comparing a tOSU fan's "objective" scenarios: tOSU only stands to lose 10pts

Comparing best case scenarios: tOSU only stands to lose 8pts

Comparing worst case scenarios:  tOSU only stands to lose 9pts (this is interesting in all the worst ways).

Another "won't happen" scenario is a shirt gets pulled and MiJo moves to 149.

133 was kind of bs.

Great matches so far.

There were bad calls, but Dijulius wasn't winning that match if Tom Ryan himself reffed it.  tOSU will be very happy to have a more traditional wrestler take his spot...His style of having poor shot defense/only having the dump attack..along with difficulties on bottom must have been a nightmare for the coaching staff.  Very hard to develop that style and he only does worse the more he sees people, which may be why he has hovered as a 12-20 ranked wrestler his entire career.

Zain Retherford really is in a class of his own at this weight.  Makes you wonder what could have been with Pico considering Zain could never come close to him.  A shame we will never see him wrestle an NCAA match or be on a senior team.