Sign in to follow this  
farmer79

Ohio State vs Penn State

Classy fans booing and yelling at an injured amateur athlete. Wonder how many of them have stepped on a D1 mat. 

As I noted before, the worst, most obnoxious fans.  Iowans can't hold a candle.

There were bad calls, but Dijulius wasn't winning that match if Tom Ryan himself reffed it. tOSU will be very happy to have a more traditional wrestler take his spot...His style of having poor shot defense/only having the dump attack..along with difficulties on bottom must have been a nightmare for the coaching staff. Very hard to develop that style and he only does worse the more he sees people, which may be why he has hovered as a 12-20 ranked wrestler his entire career.

Zain Retherford really is in a class of his own at this weight. Makes you wonder what could have been with Pico considering Zain could never come close to him. A shame we will never see him wrestle an NCAA match or be on a senior team.

If he had gotten points there (a maybe), it could've completely changed the match. 3 points were scored right after. That's a big point swing.

Agreed on Pico. I respect his decision and I'm an mma fan, but seeing him wrestle in college would've meant a possible 4 timer, breaking records, etc. He is a Kolat type talent

Second time I've seen it this season in a high prof

Meh.  It is wrestling.  The rest of them clapped when he got up.

Second time I've seen it this season in a nationally televised dual (other being Mizzou when J'Den was DQed for the slam vs Ohio U).  If we want to compete with the big boys for national TV exposure, maybe our fans should act like adults. 

Not saying this is unique to PSU, but it's a pretty decent school (better than Mizzou), so this type of thing reflects poorly on them. 

If he had gotten points there (a maybe), it could've completely changed the match. 3 points were scored right after. That's a big point swing.

Agreed on Pico. I respect his decision and I'm an mma fan, but seeing him wrestle in college would've meant a possible 4 timer, breaking records, etc. He is a Kolat type talent

I disagree.  I don't think he would have gotten back points and think Conaway could have poured on many more points if he had cut Dijulius/not rode him so much.  The guy has a great gas tank and Dijulius has awful shot defense.

I disagree. I don't think he would have gotten back points and think Conaway could have poured on many more points if he had cut Dijulius/not rode him so much. The guy has a great gas tank and Dijulius has awful shot defense.

Conoway is the better wrestler. No doubt. I just wanted to see how the match would l lay out without the ref interference

Is it just me or did that dual go exactly as expected match by match? (other than the PSU fan 125 hysteria)

No rankings upsets, but we saw two top 125ers who had never wrestled compete, Myles Martin looked great, dejulius looked better than I thought, Bo Jordan almost lost, etc.

We learned a lot. Tomasello is looking more and more likely that he wins it again. Mega is incredible. I think Dance I'd the only guy that he may lose to. We will see the gilman match soon

The Bucks, even when winning, looked flat across the board except Snyder and arguably Tomasello.

Tomasello is not getting his due on this board. He is steadily improving and wrestles a very fundamentally sound style with few mistakes. I am not picking against him until he loses.

JDJ is so frustrating to watch. He has about a minute of good wrestling in him and then gives up and just tries to hang on. He has the size and body awareness to be highly entertaining and unorthodox but for whatever reason turns into a pumpkin once his minute of good wrestling is up.

141 was a weird match. I can't tell if Gulibon uncharacteristically showed a flash of brilliance or two or if Micah Jordan made it look that way as he wrestled at half his normal pace. I thought Jordan and Nolf wrestled similar styles in HS. What a huge difference now.

Bo Jordan looked terrible. He is wrestling with no emotion, as if going through the motions to do just enough to win. I was excited to see him take the mat and was sorely disappointed by his lethargic pace.

Myles Martin was a bright spot until he gave up the lead in the third with a move I still can't figure out after half a dozen rewinds. What the hell was he going for?? Looked like a headlock but he didn't even have the far side arm. By far the weirdest move of the dual.

Edited by wrestlingnerd